Cartel Items and GTN.

Halaek

Please stop allowing Cartel items to be sold on the GTN, reason i suggest this is. People are buying credits from dubious sources to buy the 'must have' items. This increases the prices of everything on the market and encourages more players to use dubious sources for their credits. There is a increase in demand for credits now and even on the roleplay server like mine Progenitor, we have credit farmers and sellers contacting us via mail and other means, to offer their services. Please stop this while its still controllable!

What on earth do the Cartel items, the GTN and credit sellers have to do with each other?

So much reaching. People will still illegally buy credits, "Cartel Market items on the GTN" or not.

Edited by Keskie

There isn't much of an economic link because you can convert cash to CC to credits for far less than buying gold via gold farmer sites.

I can easily list and sell a cash shop cartel/blockade pack for 399,000 credits. It costs me 360 CC. I can get 5,500 CC for $40. That's 15 packs, which in total sell well over 5 million credits. I am counting the GTN fees too.

I just looked at a few gold sites and its about 2 million credits for $40, and that's on the generous side.

A smart person would use the shop, play by the terms of service AND save money to get credits.

Edited by sippelmc

Please stop allowing Cartel items to be sold on the GTN, reason i suggest this is. People are buying credits from dubious sources to buy the 'must have' items. This increases the prices of everything on the market and encourages more players to use dubious sources for their credits. There is a increase in demand for credits now and even on the roleplay server like mine Progenitor, we have credit farmers and sellers contacting us via mail and other means, to offer their services. Please stop this while its still controllable!

wait.........so you don't want an actual player run economy.................man that's total win. Not that your post or anything in your post are even cross related in any form. you are just reaching for that nugget you want to believe in that is juuuuuuuuuuust outta reach.....like Scratch........only scratch is cool and funny, this post is not.

There isn't much of an economic link because you can convert cash to CC to credits for far less than buying gold via gold farmer sites.

I can easily list and sell a cash shop cartel/blockade pack for 399,000 credits. It costs me 360 CC. I can get 5,500 CC for $40. That's 15 packs, which in total sell well over 5 million credits. I am counting the GTN fees too.

I just looked at a few gold sites and its about 2 million credits for $40, and that's on the generous side.

A smart person would use the shop, play by the terms of service AND save money to get credits.

This ^ , you get more in-game credits by just playing the game , rather than doing something illegal and it really is a wonder these gold sellers are making anything at all. Mind you even doing it the legal way doesn't fill me with joy but it's the nature of the F2P beast , so I will live with it , besides gives me more experience in an MMO like this ready for PSO2.

Cheers,

BadOrb.

what they said. cartel market actualy reduces the need to buy credits illegally, because you can just give your money directly to bioware, and generaly at a better rate. and on a a flip side, you have poeple who might not want to spend any more real life money then what they are paying for their subscription, so they can just buy cartel market stuff they might want? for in game credits. and everyone wins.