Price does not compare to content with the expansion

skiibyrd

I Personally dont think anyone can really speculate the price of $10 will be justified or not quite yet, as they have not yet given all the details of what the expansion will offer. All I do have to say is this, hopefully they optimized the Hero Engine finally, hopefully they dont scrap all the end game gear and Ops (this is a great possibility unless they change all the gear, and Ops level requirements), and I hope they expand on crafting. The game, as an MMO, is still pretty new, and I have yet to gear all my alts in the current gear sets, so a lot of the armor the toons carry i still feel accomplished wearing, if they do away with it, it will frustrate me a lot as I've spent a LOT of time in gearing my alts.

Personally, from what they have released so far, this 'Expansion better have more content, because at this point, it seems like it would be a content patch. If they were working on, and planning an expansion, they should have saved things like HK, and the new ops/WZ for that, unless they release new ones... and they could have focused on improving the games stability, removing bugs, working on quality Cartel Market Items, and balance.

I've been saying for a long time on these forums that this game needs an expansion, that its what will save the game if done correctly, I hope it isnt just a $10 content patch, with a 2-5 hours of missions to go from 50-55, because there is so much more they could do to take advantage of this oppertunity. They already announced that the story will be the same for everyone (maybe different a little by faction), so lets hope the time they are NOT spending on class specific stories are spent giving the game the tools and updates it needs to be the MMO it has the potential to be because that, in itself, would be worth $10 to me.

Edited by skiibyrd

$10 is cheaper than some of the cartel market items and you don't think it will be justified by adding a planet for that $10? Seems like one of their better pricing moves if it's cheaper than a speeder with some stupid xmas lights on it. Troll thread, troll replies to the other commenters, probably a troll reply to this. I don't care, you do whatever makes you feel strong.

I hope it isnt just a $10 content patch, with a 2-5 hours of missions to go from 50-55,

Now that is interesting. The cynic in me says there's no way Makeb has enough content to fill out 5 levels comfortably (that would have to be the equivalent of Voss + Corellia + bonus missions for both planets). You may be on to something here, it will be hilarious to watch the people defending this DLC addon...err...expansion get angry when they realize just how thin Makeb really is, even without class stories.

Then again maybe Makeb is big and bulky and full of content....:D

Now that is interesting. The cynic in me says there's no way Makeb has enough content to fill out 5 levels comfortably (that would have to be the equivalent of Voss + Corellia + bonus missions for both planets). You may be on to something here, it will be hilarious to watch the people defending this DLC addon...err...expansion get angry when they realize just how thin Makeb really is, even without class stories.

Then again maybe Makeb is big and bulky and full of content....:D

It does seem like a lot for one planet, hopefully it will be a large planet, but, when you make one single planet the core focus of the content, you better hope it has great level design, especially if people will be spending more time there than any other they spent time on while initially leveling.

A couple of new items, some perks and skills, and a few locations and quests; Skyrim: Dawnguard - 19.99

A couple of new items, some skills and talents, and a few locations and quests; SWTOR: Rise of the Hutt Cartel - 17.00 (8.00)

Regular DLC approach.

Well, from what we've been told so far:

-Expanded skilltrees. So I'd guess another tier on top of the trees, while the current top tier gets 1 or 2 new skills to spend points on to the current top tier of each current tree

-A new active ability for each Advanced Class (note to self: clean up commandbars)

-1 new planet, comparable in size to some of the currently bigger planets (Balmorra, Taris, Belsavis, something in that ballpark)

-A new storyline for each faction (NO new class stories :( )

-New ops and flashpoints, but that was said in a rather vague manner, so they might be added overtime in following content patches. I think it should contain at least 1 Operation and 2 Flashpoints though, with another operation being added within 2-3 months, otherwise people will "finish" it way too fast.

So overall: yes, I think that would make for about a quarter to a third of an expansion on other games

Well, from what we've been told so far:

-New ops and flashpoints, but that was said in a rather vague manner, so they might be added overtime in following content patches. I think it should contain at least 1 Operation and 2 Flashpoints though, with another operation being added within 2-3 months, otherwise people will "finish" it way too fast.

Not trying to be a jerk, but could you link to them saying we'd get any new Ops and FPs? I haven't seen that anywhere.

Edited by Ikselent

I Personally dont think anyone can really speculate the price of $10 will be justified or not quite yet, as they have not yet given all the details of what the expansion will offer.

Yet, your thread is titled "Price does not compare to content with the expansion" so you're obviously speculating that the price is not justified, lol.

Not trying to be a jerk, but could you link to them saying we'd get any new Ops and FPs? I haven't seen that anywhere.

"we can reassure you that the gear you've obtained in our current endgame will continue to be relevant after the expansion is released, and it will provide a great bootstrap into the higher-level content offered by Rise of the Hutt Cartel."

there ya go.

"we can reassure you that the gear you've obtained in our current endgame will continue to be relevant after the expansion is released, and it will provide a great bootstrap into the higher-level content offered by Rise of the Hutt Cartel."

there ya go.

You know they could be talking about higher level mobs , right ??

You know they could be talking about higher level mobs , right ??

dont think you need top level pve gear to bootstrap yourself into normal mobs content. especially since they also said the gear your pick up leveling from 50-55 will not be > that current top tier PVE gear.

Well its like being a fresh 50..do you go do BH in the gear that got you to 50 or do you go and get that free Tionese??

seriously, i know you want to complain about things but.... the expac adds a new story arc to the game and that will be expanded upon in FP and OPs. or i suppose you are going to claim that BW isnt ever going to add any more end game content? lol.

it doesnt even matter what FP or OPs are in the xpac at launch, they will be added. so the $10 you pay for xpac isnt just for the content that is in it when it first goes live, its also for all the follow up content that BW will be adding every 6-8 weeks.

$10 is cheaper than some of the cartel market items and you don't think it will be justified by adding a planet for that $10? Seems like one of their better pricing moves if it's cheaper than a speeder with some stupid xmas lights on it. Troll thread, troll replies to the other commenters, probably a troll reply to this. I don't care, you do whatever makes you feel strong.

That isn't saying a lot just that the stuff on the cartel market is way over priced... for example $18.00 U.S. for that stupid eye sore of a life day speeder...really??? lol

A couple of new items, some perks and skills, and a few locations and quests; Skyrim: Dawnguard - 19.99

A couple of new items, some skills and talents, and a few locations and quests; SWTOR: Rise of the Hutt Cartel - 17.00 (8.00)

Regular DLC approach.

Right, thats the price to purchase each of them... then you have:

Skyrim: Dawnguard monthly sub= $0

SWTOR: RoTHC monthly sub= $15

Edited by skiibyrd

This ^^ 10$ is peanuts. I'm more concerned about post 55 content, not the "expansion" itself.

It's FUBAR'd. Never going to be a functional MMO engine.

Well its at least never going to work by todays industry standards, unless they make some big changes to the engine, but they could at least try to optimize it for large scale PvP battles (like you would expect from a STARWARS game). See takign their time, and continuing to release content like this as patches for subs, and purchasable content for F2P and Preferred players, while optimizing their engine, and making improvements to the games mechanics is what I was seriously hopeing they would do... now I'm hoping all the money that I give them will be justifed here soon, because at this point, with what has been released so far for the expansion, it seems more of a content patch/update... Unless makeb is HUGE, and it offered a good amount of gameplay. I dont think I have to state the obvious of what this patch looks like at this time, I'm just sick of giving them a good amount of money EACH MONTH, and seeing little return.

If all the content and new items that are put into the game in the future are all going to be on the cartel market (expanding crafting items/schmatics, armor, weapons) then I really hope F2P dies, and we can go back to monthly sub requirement... which as we all know, will NEVER happen.

it doesnt even matter what FP or OPs are in the xpac at launch, they will be added. so the $10 you pay for xpac isnt just for the content that is in it when it first goes live, its also for all the follow up content that BW will be adding every 6-8 weeks.

... wut.

No, sir. The $10 I pay for the expansion pack is exactly that: for the expansion pack. The $15 that I pay per month is for them to add new things every 6-8 weeks.

I can't believe you're honestly trying to defend EAWare here. Based on the official, confirmed, non-speculative information we have, EAWare is saying, "u can hit 55 bro".

Based on the lack of an official "New Flashpoints and Operations with Rise of the Hutt Cartel!" announcement, we can probably expect this, though: "Thank you for the $10, Ikselent, you can now gain 5 additional levels and then go do the same Flashpoints you've been doing for a year, but now revamped to be appropriate for level 55 players! Oh, and as for Operations, well... We now have FeverDream Mode of Eternity Vault and Karagga's Palace for you to do at level 55!"