Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Longspur (Carter market question)

JalenTigh

Hey, just rejoined after a long lay off, and I have a question about the cartel market. I was looking for something to blow my coins on and saw the Long Spure Sportster, which says you only need to be lvl 10. It says however on the little checkout button that I either already own the item, or I do not meet the requirements. Included with the purchase, is Improved Speeder Piloting 1... So I am a little confused. Last time I played speeder training didnt come until lvl 25 or something like that... But this item says lvl 10. My character is lvl 13, so My trainer isnt offering me that regular speeder training yet. Im just confused now... Is that Improved peeder skill that comes with it a substitute for the reguar training? Or Do you actually need to regular skill to use it... and beascially it saying level 10 is just a big tease...

You can unlock speeder piloting at level 10 by buying a legacy perk. If you sub your trainer will teach you the skill at level 15. If you.re not overly bothered about looks and want an adapative speeder check out the GTN the ones that drop from cartel packs sell cheap (4k) on my server .

Finally if you're spending cartel coins get the legacy Jet boost. Applies to all your toons and 12secs of instcast 110% spped boost is ideal fow whizzing around fleet and getting from mob to mob. It also works in places you can't use a speeder.

AFAIK - Non-Sub can get Piloting1 at lvl 25 for either 25 or 40K - I don't remember if trainer is 40K (at lvl 25) or the lvl 10 legacy is 40K ATM - open up your trainer and tick 'all' and look for it.

Sub and it's a couple hundred at lvl 15. Not sure what level your legacy needs to be at for the piloting, or jet assist tho.

Edited by Akiviri

AFAIK - Non-Sub can get Piloting1 at lvl 25 for either 25 or 40K - I don't remember if trainer is 40K (at lvl 25) or the lvl 10 legacy is 40K ATM.

Sub and it's a couple hundred at lvl 15. Not sure what level your legacy needs to be at for the piloting, or jet assist tho.

The lvl 10 legacy speeder piloting can be bought for cartel points (or as an item on the market). The lowering of the minimal level applies to F2Ps as well! So yes, an F2P player can ride a speeder at lvl 10. Certainly beats Taris On Foot!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.