Horrible FPS

Selahw

Running AMD Phenom 2 x4 945 3ghz

8.00 GB ram

ATI Radeon HD 5450

Which meets requirements have shadows off and running low settings still getting around 16fps

I've read other post and did what they said and went into the ini. File and put shadowing to false.

The only thing I can think of is that my download game was the client from the thanksgiving beta weekend With the updates and patches put in after beta was over.

If anyone has any info that could help it would be greatly appreciated.

The 5450 is terrible for gaming you're going to have to turn everything to low and turn off bloom.

EDIT: I used to have one of these, I know. You can spend 100-150 and get a MUCH better card if your PSU can support it. I replaced mine with a 5770 and can run on high with around 30 FPS.

Edited by Dasffion

Keeping in mind the two posts above me: should you find no significant change in performance, I would suggest upgrading your GPU.

While the Radeon HD 5450 is not necessarily a very bad one, it is essentially just a cheap replacement for let's say, an integrated chipset. It's certainly not a gaming GPU.

A game such as WoW, it will run fine. But certainly not other MMORPGs like AoC, Aion, and the likes.

Truth be told, you're better off with a new GPU if you want to see real results. Of course that'll depend on what you consider 'playable'. On my old desktop, I managed and kept on raiding in WoW with 2-4 FPS as a healer (in The Burning Crusade), so it's all about what you consider doable.

Also, check NotebookCheck or any other benchmark site if you're curious about the performance and its capacity at such.

EDIT: Seems people post-jumped me. So yeah, what Dasffion said.

Edited by SirYorri

My understanding is that the best thing to do is to completely remove the beta client and install the game client again.

My system SUCKS (so gives me no right to complain...it'll be upgraded after the holidays) with Intel D 2.6 GHZ CPU, 2 GB of Ram, 8800GT Video card and I still get 10-17fps depending how crazy the server is.

I've heard that turning everything to high, hitting apply, then turning everything to low, hitting apply and then tweaking from there gives a fair FPS Boost.

Sorry to hear about this bro.

Unfortunately this game is a huuuuge resource hog, so it's going to require a baller CPU to run it. This game also doesn't utilize 4 cores making 4 core processors even weaker. The minimum system requirements is a lie when it comes to the CPU. In contrast to a game like WoW Which runs fine on a weak CPU but needs a decent graphics card.

So in summary, gunna have to upgrade your CPU. Or wait til bioware optimizes their new engine.

Sorry to hear about this bro.

Unfortunately this game is a huuuuge resource hog, so it's going to require a baller CPU to run it. This game also doesn't utilize 4 cores making 4 core processors even weaker. The minimum system requirements is a lie when it comes to the CPU. In contrast to a game like WoW Which runs fine on a weak CPU but needs a decent graphics card.

So in summary, gunna have to upgrade your CPU. Or wait til bioware optimizes their new engine.

It only requires a 2ghz processor to run the game. The CPU isn't his problem. The GPU on the other hand is not made for gaming and is most definitely his problem.

Your Phenom II should be fine, but the GPU is killing you. A Nvidia 430 was able to play this game when my ati 5830 went down, but for about 120 you could get a Nvidia 550 and pickup some extra cores. Or if you want to go ATI, then something with at least 400 stream processors is probably a minium, but again for about $90-120 you probably can find a card with 800 stream processors (like a 5770 or 6770).

I am able to play this just fine with my HTPC running a Phenom II x3 Overclocked to 3.4 and the Nividia 430 on using a custom config with a mix of Low and medium settings and bloom turned off.

Ok thank you for the info I was worried I'd have to drop like 400$ lol. I'm not even looking to running at 120fps but this 16 is killing me I'll take out a mob with an unload and still shoot the corpse while fighting a new mob

It only requires a 2ghz processor to run the game. The CPU isn't his problem. The GPU on the other hand is not made for gaming and is most definitely his problem.

A 2ghz processor would never run this game. Minimum system requirements are a lie, it's unplayable with those specs.

Actually CPU performance can cap your FPS even if you have a top of the line card. In his case he's fine on the CPU. Since he has a quad core over 2.5GHz. Had he only a dual core, anything under 3.0GHz would cap him.

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/star-wars-gaming-tests-review,3087.html for reference.

In terms of cards for your buck... ATI is probably better on power, but I'm only familiar with Nvidia benchmarks. Without a dollar figure I can't really recommend a card.

A 2ghz processor would never run this game. Minimum system requirements are a lie, it's unplayable with those specs.

you know this how? There's people that have posted being able to play with 2.16 ghz processors. I'm really sure that they'd lie about their minimum required specs too, there'd be no ill ramifications from that.

At any rate I can tell you from experience that his processor is more than enough to handle this game so your comment was incredibly false either way.