C2-N2 stopped critting (engineering sensor - cybertech)

Kytea

Sure

Merriam-Webster does not list "impossible" as a synonym for "improbable"

Improbable: unlikely to be true or to occur

Impossible: incapable of being or of occurring

Anyway, you said the probability of having zero crit in fifty attemps is 5.6e-7.

You got it. The number is clear and has no ambiguity, and confirms what I have observed.

You are correct it did confirm what you observed and you observed it was not 100% therefor complaining about it not critting was a waste of time.

But the antonym for both improbable and impossible is listed as possible. There is a connection. Just because they don't put the words there doesn't mean they aren't synonyms. The list isn't comprehensive.

http://thesaurus.com/browse/impossible

http://thesaurus.com/browse/improbable

Thank you for adding me to your ignore list. It was hard for me to add anything to the conversation when I was correcting all of your errors.

Edited by Cleux

So, I was discussing this with other crafters on my server. They have also seen this behaviour and they made a suggestion which worked.

I took out C2-N2's engineering sensor, had him craft 1 item. Then I put it back on, and had him craft five items, and he critted on one of them. The next day I had him craft a few armoring mods for one of my alts and he crafted occasionally, as he did in the past before he stopped critting completely a few weeks ago.

Back to normal.

I suppose it's possible (but surely not probable) that leaving the Engineering Sensor in for a long time made C2 unable to crit, but I doubt it.

I've seen approximately 20% crit on mods recently. It sounds like superstition to un-equip and re-equip the sensor, but I sometimes turn off and recast Ion Cell when I lose aggro, so I can't really fault you.

Sorry you beat the odds and didn't crit for so long. Really puts a damper in the credit flow. Hope it's better from here out.

Just to wanted to say. You have a 75% chance to not crit on every craft. All because you did not crit on the last craft does not increase you chances of criting next craft. Craft 1 has a 25% chance to come crit. Craft 50 has the same chance to crit regardless of previous outcome.

If you have had a dry spell. It is totally normal and not the unheard of.

In Vegas the odds are against you. The odds are against you here.

How many thousands of crafts have you done with him? That is the number that is needed to reasonably assume something other than RNG is at work.

THIS above all else is what matters. You cannot make a statistical analysis with a sample size of 50. Come back when you've done 500 and we'll talk.

Edited by psandak