Knight of the Force - Chapter 4

Lendrick

CHAPTER 4 - THE DATE

Starship Dawn Star

Crew Quarters

8:29pm….

Lendrick felt hollow. As he made his way back to his quarters after his "meeting" with his master, he felt somewhat lost. Yes, he had determined that to commit himself to the Jedi order, he would have to sacrifice his love.

It was tearing him apart.

Lendrick was due to meet Lilania in half a cycle, and it was now a meeting that Lendrick was not looking forward to. So much for their romantic evening, the news Lendrick must impart will no doubt put a damper on the social outing.

Who was Lendrick kidding? It was going to rip her apart as surely as a Rancor feeding frenzy.

There was no getting around it though, and it should not come as a total surprise, Lilania was well informed that Lendrick’s path lies along a tight road.

The hollowness deepened and more tears of frustration flowed. Lendrick was letting his emotions get the better of him and he needed to calm and focus himself before meeting up with her.

Entering the meditative state, once Lendrick reached his quarters, it did help, but it was not a cure.

The time approached and Lendrick readied himself and left to meet her, steeling himself against the hurt and pain.

Upon seeing her, it was no good, tears came unbidden.

"What is it Lendrick? What's wrong?" Lilania asked with concern, inviting him into her room.

Lendrick had to get control of his sobbing before being able to reply, using all his inner strength and Force meditation.

"I just came from a meeting with my master, and he laid it out for me. If I am to follow my destiny and be accepted on Tython as a Padawan learner, I have to be detached from all things. Most primarily of which is you. Even though I love you , I am to leave and sever our attachment".

A blank and hollow look crossed her features.

"So...your dumping me?" Lilania asked incredulously.

Lendrick’s face frowned and flashed with anger "Don’t think for a second that this was an easy decision, but my hands are tied".

"Your hands are tied? TIED? Then don’t join! Don’t join the order!" Lilania started to shout.

"That is incredibly selfish of you, It is not a choice, it is a calling and I need to answer it". Lendrick replied, trying not to raise his voice as well.

"Well, if that's it, then, it's all decided, and I get no say? Fine! I will leave this ship, and I guess I willjust have to find nursing somewhere far away from you, and from everything!" Lilania started to cry.

"Get out! I can’t see you at the moment. GET OUT!" Lilania screamed, crying.

Lilania pushed Lendrick in the chest, causing him to stumble back two steps which caused him to be back in the corridor, out of her room, when she shut and locked the door.

Lendrick could still hear her crying on the other side and put his hand up to the door, he could feel her pain through the force, through the door, through his heart. Closing his eyes, Lendrick placed his head on the door also and attempted to control his breathing.

The date was over.