Marauder pve

Darkercrab

Hmmm Ive made a tank and two healing toons, so I've finally decided to try out the DPS side of things. A friend told me marauders were really nice, so I decided to make one.

I'm level 28 now, and while I've heard that Annil is great for lvl 50 raids and such, im trying to decide between rage and Carnage for leveling. So far I've been all carnage, and its been nice, but im just curious about what makes rage such a good choice.

Heck, someone told me rage was nerfed o_O. So I guess the question is, is Rage a much, much superior choice over Carnage for leveling up.

Thanks in advance

Hmmm Ive made a tank and two healing toons, so I've finally decided to try out the DPS side of things. A friend told me marauders were really nice, so I decided to make one.

I'm level 28 now, and while I've heard that Annil is great for lvl 50 raids and such, im trying to decide between rage and Carnage for leveling. So far I've been all carnage, and its been nice, but im just curious about what makes rage such a good choice.

Heck, someone told me rage was nerfed o_O. So I guess the question is, is Rage a much, much superior choice over Carnage for leveling up.

Thanks in advance

Carnage doesn't pick up until you have around 36 talent points, that way you can get Short Fuse and Enraged Slash from the Annihilation tree. Carnage itself really only starts to pick up speed when you get Massacre. My Marauder is level 36 right now and if he specs for Carnage, his Force Screams and Ravages will hurt after Gore is used, but he lacks some of the nice utility brought on by Annihilation's Force Charge talents, Obfuscate, Disruption talent, etc. Even the bleeds can generate extra rage. I find that leveling as Annihilation with the melee DPS companion set to have internal damage procs on her attacks makes taking down elites and bosses very easy.

I run Rage for both PvE and PvP. I don't think anyone can deny that Rage is a great spec for PvE(at least not with a straight face). A big component of PvE is clearing mobs/adds. No Mara spec can do it better than rage. The only real Achilles heel(and not just to rage) is groups who like to rest too much between mobs. You always want to carry your Rage/Fury into the next fight, getting off as many smashes as you can. That or *******es who don't take the time to learn how to work with other classes. You know, the ones who run into a mob and use a knockback just as you are about to smash, or the other idiot who uses extraction(?) on you to pull you out of a mob. Had one guy do that and asked him what the heck he was doing and he replied that he thought I was going to get hurt. If there was ever a time I wanted to force choke a friendly...

Lol, sorry for the rant. Had to vent. :)

I run Rage for both PvE and PvP. I don't think anyone can deny that Rage is a great spec for PvE(at least not with a straight face). A big component of PvE is clearing mobs/adds. No Mara spec can do it better than rage. The only real Achilles heel(and not just to rage) is groups who like to rest too much between mobs. You always want to carry your Rage/Fury into the next fight, getting off as many smashes as you can. That or *******es who don't take the time to learn how to work with other classes. You know, the ones who run into a mob and use a knockback just as you are about to smash, or the other idiot who uses extraction(?) on you to pull you out of a mob. Had one guy do that and asked him what the heck he was doing and he replied that he thought I was going to get hurt. If there was ever a time I wanted to force choke a friendly...

Lol, sorry for the rant. Had to vent. :)

Had that happen when tanking a heroic on my shieldtech, a nice cluster of enemies for a couple fire sweeps, flamethrower, DFA, etc. What happens the instant I charge the group and grapple the one medic NPC outside the group? The arsenal merc fires off their Jet Boost and sends everything to the four winds.

Thanks in advance

Everyone has their preference on which spec to level with,I can't speak for Rage, since I only tried it briefly.

Carnage is very good end-game, but I didn't like it and couldn't get the grip of the spec.

I prefer Annihilation with Quinn, you're virtually an unstoppable beast, and shouldn't ever die unless you get over zealous on a pull lol, but none of us have ever done that... right? ;)

Rage blooms early and is quite an efficient leveling spec at lower levels (clearing trash like a boss).

It's equally useful for clearing trash at 50, though its single-target DPS is well below Carnage or Annihilation.

Get comfortable with all 3 specs while leveling and at 50, they all have their place.

More than nearly any other class, Marauder/Sentinel benefits from unlocking Field Respec (and being a subscriber). I probably change specs half a dozen times each day, if not more, because we have so many different tools to approach different situations (e.g. sturdiness vs. single target burst vs. AoE burst).