Frusterated with Level cap increase

kirorx

Hi everyone! While we can't address every concern raised in this thread right now, we can reassure you that the gear you've obtained in our current endgame will continue to be relevant after the expansion is released, and it will provide a great bootstrap into the higher-level content offered by Rise of the Hutt Cartel. You won't be replacing your Dread Guard gear with gear you pick up as you level, and thanks to improvements in the way item power is calculated, we won't be handing out any entry-level gear at the new level cap. You'll hear more about RotHC as we approach its launch, and we'll continue to answer questions and provide more details!

The way item power is calculated is going to change? Oh god...I hope that's not your way of saying power is going to be nerfed. If my sage suddenly starts healing half of what he does now....sigh.:(

Anyway, I will try to stay positive.

Edited by Radzkie

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not sure if you agree or disagree. But my point is that, there's no way you can just get into Makeb and think it will be a cake walk even with Tionese gear.

I just want to point out that the difficulty in the new daily area Section X was no joke and you couldn't steamroll through some of the mobs even if you wanted to in full BH gear. So based off of that experience, I am projecting that this new planet will be challenging to players.

Section X isn't that hard, you may have become soft in your time of Ops gear and except to face roll everything, but Section X is quite easy even in quest gear.

Makeb is likely going to be tuned for Tionese, as they know EVERYONE will definitely have at least Tionese gear by the time they go to Makeb and I very much doubt it is going to be any harder than any other solo content in the game.

Supposedly they are gonna scale up dailys and other ops. Ex boarding party nightmare mode (as opposed to hard mode).

They cannot scale up dailies, they can only scale down the level for those who purchase the expansion and get to lvl 55. What if I don't purchase the expansion? I won't be able to do dailies anymore because they are too high level now for my lvl 50. Doesn't make any sense. It would kill the game. It would force people to buy an expansion if they wanna continue to play. It won't happen it would be too stupid from their part. The only way to elilminate the problems of a level cap increase is to scale down the level in function of the area you stand in.

In Guild wars 2 the level scaling is really well thought. I think they should do something similar with SWTOR. It would make the game better because going back to earlier planet to explore or do quests that you haven't done would still give a challenge. Heroic quests would still need to be done in group. All the flashpoint would still be fun and challenging regardless of the characters level cap and still need to be done in group. See my point? They have to keep the endgame intact for those who do not purchase the expansion.

Hmm. Sounds interesting how this will play out. Though, I've always enjoyed level cap increases and replacing my gear.

I hope when you hit 55 you can start getting better gear than the dread guard...

Either way, I do still plan to play unless it gets all screwed up.

To the OP, bless you. Thank you. I agree emphatically with you.

This is one of the fundamental flawed assumptions devs make in MMO's - they're SO wrong.

Short version: See me saying the same thing in my own words in Section IX of my Definitive Issues thread (see Sig for URL):

Section IX - GEAR GRINDING ≠ ENJOYABLE END GAME

I'm still leveling alts. I tried endgame during the first quarter of launch. However, the fact that TOR developers offer zero guild seeking and charter support, its pure and utter chaos for an adult player to find a good fit with a decent guild community AND it takes a decent guild community to enjoy endgame as an adult.

On that issue, see Section VI of my Definitive Issues thread (see Sig for URL):

Section VI – PLAYER GUILD SUPPORT – OCCUPY SWTOR

So, in the end, I agree with you 100%, spot on right. There's fundamental flaws with this game's design across many dimensions, and this is one of them. See sig for the others.

Had to stop the daily grind of dailies to post, instead of playing actual endgame, just continual grind of dailies, daily, to gear up avatars... so boring. Broken. See section IX of sig, and just as the OP says.

Edited by BlueDestiny

Hi everyone! While we can't address every concern raised in this thread right now, we can reassure you that the gear you've obtained in our current endgame will continue to be relevant after the expansion is released, and it will provide a great bootstrap into the higher-level content offered by Rise of the Hutt Cartel. You won't be replacing your Dread Guard gear with gear you pick up as you level, and thanks to improvements in the way item power is calculated, we won't be handing out any entry-level gear at the new level cap. You'll hear more about RotHC as we approach its launch, and we'll continue to answer questions and provide more details!

thanks for that post. :cool: