The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

why are subs paying for an expansion??

Hungmike

I've been around the MMO scene a long time and I'm pretty sure I've always paid for expansions. This one seems pretty cheap to so I'm happy with it. I don't mind paying extra for bigger content. You don't get things for free I'm affraid.

Well good to know there are intelligent people that still play the game. Anyway I'm done with this topic time to get off the crapper.. Wasting time on certain type of people who always like to complain on the interwebs isn't worth time outside the bathroom.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

You are wrong.. the front page that say Makeb Expansion proves it. Makeb is an expansion no a regular content update like a warzone or OPS.

Hold on let me check the front page again yes yes I see it.. Makeb expansion for 9.99.. Mmmm it doesn't say it's a content patch which are free. It''s an expansion which you don't have to buy..

You can continue to play the game and all the wz and ops and not have to buy it either. you will just be locked out of that area like 100% of the expansion in other mmos.

lol like i said, if they said jesus was a dev you would beleive it. wanna buy some magic beans ?

lol like i said, if they said jesus was a dev you would beleive it. wanna buy some magic beans ?

Oh here a more recent interview that cancels out your older interview... Not there fault you pinned your hopes and dreams on a old interview and didn't update yourself.

http://www.swtor-life.com/video/the-future-of-swtor-jeff-hickman-interview/7112/

Oh here a more recent interview that cancels out your older interview... Not there fault you pinned your hopes and dreams on a old interview and didn't update yourself.

http://www.swtor-life.com/video/the-future-of-swtor-jeff-hickman-interview/7112/

nope, still not seeing where he said he would charge for it, he said maybe look at it, ohlsen said no, they already split up the makeb patch into smaller bits, sorry you havnt kept yourself upto date, i still have these magic beans for sale btw if you want, btw what is jesus developing at the min i would love to know.

Yes I do, why offer it for pre-order when you aren't ready to tell people. PR stupidity.

Oh I agree man!! there are lots of things i want to smack Bioware around for but this argument is just funny and doesn't hold water given they corrected themselves in AUG in this interview saying Makeb might not be free.

nope, still not seeing where he said he would charge for it, he said maybe look at it, ohlsen said no, they already split up the makeb patch into smaller bits, sorry you havnt kept yourself upto date, i still have these magic beans for sale btw if you want, btw what is jesus developing at the min i would love to know.

What (if anything) will subscribers have to pay for after F2P launches?

I wish I had a solid answer for you on that. We’re still in discussion about some of the larger content updates that we’re planning. Great example is the planet Makeb. We’ve talked about Makeb, we have a lot of plans around Makeb. I wish I could give you more details, but I can tell you that I think the playerbase is going to be really, really pleased. More story content. New and interesting things for the players to do. More systems and interesting functions in the game … I can’t go into a lot of detail, but around things like that … This is a pretty big piece (of content). It is probably all that I can say. It is definitely still for discussion whether we sell that to the subscriber or the subscriber gets that for free because it is a big beefy chunk of content.

I wish I had a solid answer for you on that. We’re still in discussion about some of the larger content updates that we’re planning. Great example is the planet Makeb. We’ve talked about Makeb, we have a lot of plans around Makeb. I wish I could give you more details, but I can tell you that I think the playerbase is going to be really, really pleased. More story content. New and interesting things for the players to do. More systems and interesting functions in the game … I can’t go into a lot of detail, but around things like that … This is a pretty big piece (of content). It is probably all that I can say. It is definitely still for discussion whether we sell that to the subscriber or the subscriber gets that for free because it is a big beefy chunk of content.

Sadly you can't name a single subscription MMO that charges for content upgrade's. You don't find it odd that it went for content update to expansion? They changed the wording so they could charge for it.

Edited by Taorus

Oh I agree man!! there are lots of things i want to smack Bioware around for but this argument is just funny and doesn't hold water given they corrected themselves in AUG in this interview saying Makeb might not be free.

I've said in the other threads I expected to pay following the Hickman interview I just won't until I see that they are not breaking the game by:-

- failing to explain what they do about existing group content

- failing to further professions

- will further content implementations be pushed for those at level 55 only.

In all honesty if you don't buy this it looks like you may as well go preferred.

I've said in the other threads I expected to pay following the Hickman interview I just won't until I see that they are not breaking the game by:-

- failing to explain what they do about existing group content

- failing to further professions

- will further content implementations be pushed for those at level 55 only.

In all honesty if you don't buy this it looks like you may as well go preferred.

Yea I don't have an answer for that.. I'm sure more info will some out soon. I assume they have a plan but we will see. I would like to see the crafting profession all redone and made more viable in game. SWG and Vanguard had the best crafting systems in my opinion.

Sadly you can't name a single subscription MMO that charges for content upgrade's. You don't find it odd that it went for content update to expansion? They changed the wording so they could charge for it.

LOL again here they are and all of these MMO's are still subbed based with a ftp option and some wehre sub only.

EQ, EQ2, AOC, LOTRO, WOW, SWG, among others. sounds to me you really have no MMO history...

I have a feeling that you dont even know what was part of the makeb patch at the time of that interview. you aint doing nothing but harming the game by touting its correct to pay for content patchs when your a subscriber. He even says its a content patch there, just its a big content patch and they already stated that subscribers would not pay extra for content patches. a huge content patch does not equal an expansion.

as for any game beyond wow and rift at a push, what game is doing great or not shut, and you cant even put wow into the same league, there expansion are actual expansions not just big patches.

Edited by Shingara

LOL again here they are and all of these MMO's are still subbed based with a ftp option and some wehre sub only.

EQ, EQ2, AOC, LOTRO, WOW, SWG, among others. sounds to me you really have no MMO history...

Well once again you are very wrong. None of those charge for content upgrade's, They do however charge for Expansions. Truth be told I think it is you my friend whom lacks experience. If you truly had any...you would then know the difference between a content upgrade an a expansion.:rolleyes:

Edited by Taorus