The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

why are subs paying for an expansion??

Hungmike

Yes, If you pre-order. You will only get the 5 day early access.

Welcome to the....Hickman Zone:eek: Were subscribers are ATMs...with feet.:p

So then subscribers aren't paying for an expansion, just pre-access? Unless we want it still when we stop subscribing.

Makes sense, I guess; could have been spelled out better imo...

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL At no point did James say it was FREEEEE!!!!!!

are you sniffing something, Bioware stated that content patches are covered by subscriptions, ohlsen said this was a content patch and not an expansion, on what world do you live on where subscribers and free to play players are the same ?

Subscription still have paid content releases man they always do EQ EQ2, WOW your argument holds no water man.

yes they are called expansions, wow has expansions, rift has expansions, this aint an expansion on any scale, its been stated by ohlsen this isnt an expansion, the only person saying it is is hickman who 2 weeks ago in the Q&A never stated anything different. So as for holding water your leaking like a bucket with no bottom.

You really gonna sit there and state that Free to play players and subscribers are in the same boat, pull the other on cos that has bells on it.

Edited by Shingara

are you sniffing something, Bioware stated that content patches are covered by subscriptions, ohlsen said this was a content patch and not an expansion, on what world do you live on where subscribers and free to play players are the same ?

So your taking one interview where he might of misspoke and going on that. Do you have any idea how many of those 10 min interviews they go through at those conventions?

Also try reading in between the lines they pushed it back to spring to add more content. Maybe it that patch grew in size and it's not just a planet release.

But you guys are going off one interview where people mis speak and sometime are allowed too. No where did he post it here as official did he.

yes they are called expansions, wow has expansions, rift has expansions, this aint an expansion on any scale, its been stated by ohlsen this isnt an expansion, the only person saying it is is hickman who 2 weeks ago in the Q&A never stated anything different. So as for holding water your leaking like a bucket with no bottom.

You really gonna sit there and state that Free to play players and subscribers are in the same boat, pull the other on cos that has bells on it.

LOL you wrong most of the games with 39.99 expansion are just one zone. maybe this isn't as big as some of those expansion hence why your only paying 9.99 man.. It's not rocket science. Or is it?

So your taking one interview where he might of misspoke and going on that. Do you have any idea how many of those 10 min interviews they go through at those conventions?

Also try reading in between the lines they pushed it back to spring to add more content. Maybe it that patch grew in size and it's not just a planet release.

But you guys are going off one interview where people mis speak and sometime are allowed too. No where did he post it here as official did he.

That was at E 3 he did multiple interviews, said the same thing each and every single time...."it was a large content patch."

Ye E3 interview with a top dev isnt official at all, go away i feel my iq falling the more i read your replys.

This is called an expansion not a content update like a new raid or WZ.

I would try and read in between the lines here and assume content patch are considered smaller patches like 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 which were a ops, or WZ..

A planet that bigger than any other planet with new story lines, level cap increase, and other things to be a expansion of the game. A planet is an expansion of the game not just a small wz or ops that is an instance in fleet.

This is called an expansion not a content update like a new raid or WZ.

I would try and read in between the lines here and assume content patch are considered smaller patches like 1.4, 1.5, 1.6 which were a ops, or WZ..

A planet that bigger than any other planet with new story lines, level cap increase, and other things to be a expansion of the game. A planet is an expansion of the game not just a small wz or ops that is an instance in fleet.

Yes yes your right, everyone is wrong but you, the press, the interviews, ohlsen etc etc we get the point, in the world you live in you cant be wrong even when given the facts that say otherwise, good boy /golfclap.

btw just incase that went over your head, that there is called sarcasm.

Edited by Shingara

Well expansion could be called content it's a simple mistake to be made. MMO's have mis statement all the time.

A warzone or Ops is a small content patch very small compare to the Makeb content patch..

so now we all know small content patches WZ,OPS ect are free and large content patches that we get new level,story lines ect are not.

Well expansion could be called content it's a simple mistake to be made. MMO's have mis statement all the time.

A warzone or Ops is a small content patch very small compare to the Makeb content patch..

so now we all know small content patches WZ,OPS ect are free and large content patches that we get new level,story lines ect are not.

yup so now under your understanding they can just put 2 patches together and call it an expansion, arnt you a smart boy. btw i have some magic beans here that you might be interested in.

Edited by Shingara

Yes yes your right, everyone is wrong but you, the press, the interviews, ohlsen etc etc we get the point, in the world you live in you cant be wrong even when given the facts that say otherwise, good boy /golfclap.

btw just incase that went over your head, that there is called sarcasm.

You are wrong.. the front page that say Makeb Expansion proves it. Makeb is an expansion no a regular content update like a warzone or OPS.

Hold on let me check the front page again yes yes I see it.. Makeb expansion for 9.99.. Mmmm it doesn't say it's a content patch which are free. It''s an expansion which you don't have to buy..

You can continue to play the game and all the wz and ops and not have to buy it either. you will just be locked out of that area like 100% of the expansion in other mmos.

No we don't know. They could charge $4.99 for the next warzone or op. I mean hell it was Ok to charge for a large content update....why wouldn't you pay for a small one?:rolleyes:

Edited by Taorus

You are wrong.. the front page that say Makeb Expansion proves it. Makeb is an expansion no a regular content update like a warzone or OPS.

Hold on let me check the front page again yes yes I see it.. Makeb expansion for 9.99.. Mmmm it doesn't say it's a content patch which are free. It''s an expansion which you don't have to buy..

You can continue to play the game and all the wz and ops and not have to buy it either. you will just be locked out of that area like 100% of the expansion in other mmos.

lol this is magical, so if they put on the front page jesus is a dev you will take it as a given.

No we don't know. The could $4.99 for the next warzone or op. I mean hell it was Ok to charge for a large content update....why wouldn't you pay for a small one?:rolleyes:

It's simple man look at the content of Makeb and the amount of work it takes a company to make that content.

A warzone or ops might take 1/10 than man power.

Look at it this way Makeb very well might have started out as a free update patch 1. whatever. then they keep on adding and adding to things and it gets bigger and bigger. then they say this has some real value..

If it's the biggest planet they have made so far that is close to being the size of a couple wow expansions that have released too.

So why haven't they told us what this is then?

It's simple man look at the content of Makeb and the amount of work it takes a company to make that content.

Where can I look for the Content? Oh I can't. But they said it is huge! They also said it was an upgrade.:rolleyes:

A warzone or ops might take 1/10 than man power.

Look at it this way Makeb very well might have started out as a free update patch 1. whatever. then they keep on adding and adding to things and it gets bigger and bigger. then they say this has some real value..

If it's the biggest planet they have made so far that is close to being the size of a couple wow expansions that have released too.

If grasshopper's had machine guns, Birds wouldn't f**k with them. You have pointed out they have changed their mind multiple times...whats to stop them from changing it again?

Edited by Taorus

If grasshopper's had machine guns, Birds wouldn't f**k with them. You have pointed out they have changed their mind multiple times...whats to stop them from changing it again?

dont worry tao, he knows whats coming simply from them saying soon, he is a mystic too now.

I've been around the MMO scene a long time and I'm pretty sure I've always paid for expansions. This one seems pretty cheap to so I'm happy with it. I don't mind paying extra for bigger content. You don't get things for free I'm affraid.