Ranked WZ Ideas

sirullrich

Ranked on most servers are not doing very well. So here is my idea to get the ranked wz to be a little more active.

****2 types of ranked Q's. Solo and team ranked.

-Keep the team ranked as it is and teams that Q with 8 people will only play with teams of 8 people or you can Q for the 8 man ranked with 4 people, but must be 2 dps, 1 tank, 1 healer and it will automatically find another 4 man team with the same comp and pair the two.

-Allow solo Q's in the format of group finder. 2 tanks, 4 dps, 2 healers once these parameters are met it will automatically form the ranked team for you. For solo Q's I also wouldn't mind if you are allowed to solo Q with one buddy, but not more than one.

For solo Q there should be a valor requirement, expertise, or gear requirement needed before ranked is allowed for any solo Q's. Normally I would say BW needs to have ratings to separate the solo players, but I just don't think the game has enough people playing to be able to this with rating. Only if X-server ques are in effect then separating by rating would work, but since we don't, the requirements I put above should suffice.

If they can make a groupfinder for PVE with these parameters I don't see why they can't do it for PVP. This is just my idea because I want the game to successful. Just write down any other ideas you guys might have.

Or how about a notification If anyone is que'd and which guild otherwise we have to coordinate with other guilds because of lack of interest in ranked...

That is a great thing to have. 2 nights ago we qued but could not find anyone. We shouldnt have to spam on chat to see if people are playing. It doesn't have to show how many teams are queing just that teams are queing.

I don't like the idea of being paired up with another random group. I don't want to have to rely on luck of the draw for ranked warzones. It isn't fun. Also that way you have to have one comp... and that isn't how it works in ranked. I know on our server a lot of teams are running a 3 healer comp right now because ttk is so low...

Anyways, the point is... like it or not ranked is for bragging rights, and I am not gambling a ranked game on gettinga good secondary group. Instead raise the incentives to queue. If more teams are queueing than just two, rating can then be matched and matchmaking should work. The issue is new teams are constantly getting stomped by teams that have been playing together since ranked came out. There is no incentive for these new teams to keep queueing(other than to just simply practice) and so they dont queue. and A lot of the time these teams never queue again. If there was a reason to queue ranked this whole system may actually work, but unless your a top tier team there is no reason... so why queue?