Trading Items between Legacy Characters

Fadeseeker

So long as the item is not "bound" to your char, you may email another character that item, credits, etc. When you look at an item, it will show whether it is "bound on Equip" or Bound on Pickup." You can't trade a bind on pickup item to another char, and you can't trade an item you have equipped. Other than that, all power to you.

There is a way around the BoP for upgradable items such as rakata, columi etc.

If you visit the legacy vendors on your relevant capital world you can purchase orange shells for the character, you can then strip out the upgrades from the bound item, add them to the legacy and mail it to another of your characters - where then you could either equip the item or once again strip out the upgrades and fit them to the gear you want. (so you if you like the legacy gear send him to the vendor to buy the item and mail it empty to the one holding the upgrades you want).

I think some of the cartel items are also Bound to Legacy so could act the same way.

Finally keep an eye out for events and the items offered by the event vendors, for the last one for example you could buy bind to legacy rifles making barrels transferable, I think everyone is on the look out for a bind to legacy lightsabre.

Edited by parmie

• 1 year later...
There is a way around the BoP for upgradable items such as rakata, columi etc.

If you visit the legacy vendors on your relevant capital world you can purchase orange shells for the character, you can then strip out the upgrades from the bound item, add them to the legacy and mail it to another of your characters - where then you could either equip the item or once again strip out the upgrades and fit them to the gear you want. (so you if you like the legacy gear send him to the vendor to buy the item and mail it empty to the one holding the upgrades you want).

I think some of the cartel items are also Bound to Legacy so could act the same way.

Finally keep an eye out for events and the items offered by the event vendors, for the last one for example you could buy bind to legacy rifles making barrels transferable, I think everyone is on the look out for a bind to legacy lightsabre.

One caveat to this: the BoL gear mentioned is class specific. You must be of a given class to even purchase the gear of that class from the vendor (i.e. you cannot buy the Trooper BOL gear using a Jedi Knight character).

One caveat to this: the BoL gear mentioned is class specific. You must be of a given class to even purchase the gear of that class from the vendor (i.e. you cannot buy the Trooper BOL gear using a Jedi Knight character).

I don't think that's true. I'm sure I bought out of class gear on the Gree vendor and sent it to another character that did not have enough commendations. It might be greyed out in the vendor window because you can't equip it, but it still allows you to buy it. You can also buy stuff for your companions that are out of class.

Edited by Owsley