Cleansing of Watchman's DOTs

symke

Which classes can cleanse DOT's?

How often can they do it?

All Advanced Classes that can heal can cleanse DOT's (Operative/Scoundrel, Sorcerer/Sage, Mercenary/Commando).

The abilities have different names and costs but they are all:

1) Acquired at level 24.

2) Have a 30m range.

3) A 4,5s cooldown.

4) They all "Purges/Cleanses a friendly target of up to 2 negative tech or physical effects.".

Hope that helps.

Edited by ZeroPlus

All Advanced Classes that can heal can cleanse DOT's (Operative/Scoundrel, Sorcerer/Sage, Mercenary/Commando).

The abilities have different names and costs but they are all:

1) Acquired at level 24.

2) Have a 30m range.

3) A 4,5s cooldown.

4) They all "Purges/Cleanses a friendly target of up to 2 negative tech or physical effects.".

Hope that helps.

Does that mean they can cleans my DOTs every 4.5 sec, or is resolve somehow preventing this from happening to often?

I'm also pretty sure but not positive they have to be in healer tree to do it as those dots require a talent to purge watchman dots. I know its true for sorc at least.

Yes, all sages/sorcs used to be able to cleanse watchman/anni dots but now they have to spec into it in the healer tree.

As a side note, if you have OS/DS on the target as well as cauterize, and have speced into the cauterize slow, a cleanse will usually remove one of the dots and the slow, but leave the other dot, since it only cleanses 2 negative effects and the dot and slow from cauterize are two separate debuffs.

Edited by JediMasterSLC

Yes, all sages/sorcs used to be able to cleanse watchman/anni dots but now they have to spec into it in the healer tree.

As a side note, if you have OS/DS on the target as well as cauterize, and have speced into the cauterize slow, a cleanse will usually remove one of the dots and the slow, but leave the other dot, since it only cleanses 2 negative effects and the dot and slow from cauterize are two separate debuffs.

Thanks ... that's an interesting idea.

So cleansing tries to cleans two different conditions? If I first apply OS and then cauterize (with slow) will it cleanse my OS stack of burns because they were first to be applied?

If I fight one healer ... how often can he apply his cleanse on me? Every 4 sec (every time his "purge" is off CD)?

Thanks ... that's an interesting idea.

So cleansing tries to cleans two different conditions? If I first apply OS and then cauterize (with slow) will it cleanse my OS stack of burns because they were first to be applied?

If I fight one healer ... how often can he apply his cleanse on me? Every 4 sec (every time his "purge" is off CD)?

I'm honestly not sure how a cleanse decides which 2 debuffs to remove if there's more than two. I might do some testing on that soon.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.