add ons. are there any good addons for swtor/ [shift key doesnt work]

Roboflopz

We all hope that BW makes what they promised: There will never be AddOns.

Everything UI related comes from BW and so there will never be "let the python script play my class" in swtor.

But on the other hand they said there will never be endgamegear in the CM.

So i stickt to the theory of "You have to buy an addon licence in the CM for 1000CC or buy it with credits... 150mio or so".

To be honest, if you need an aggro meter stick to DPS.

The only addons i would like to see are RP lelated. Like wow ones which will let you speak random, aprropriate for the situation phrase on push of a button.

only been playing a week. having trouble keeping aggro with my juggernaut which i've been playing for 2 days.

my main is a low level merc. im usually healer but when i dps it would be nice to see how im doing in comparison to my other group members.

Threat meters would hurt nothing

DPS meters would hurt bads, because people use them wrong.

I have never seen an addon in WoW that literally plays the class for you, which is why I don't understand all the hate "ZOMG YOU JUST WANT SOMETHING TO PLAY THE GAME FOR YOU!". Also, Bioware could LIMIT what they allow addons to modify, Blizzard has locked down and removed addons/way the addons work in the past if they didn't like what they did.

Addons != Botting programs. You can bot without any addons or macros, so you folks are just being idiotic about why you don't want addons in this game.

Edited by ckoneful

I have never seen an addon in WoW that literally plays the class for you

You mean you didn't play WoW before Decurse was cut down for 80% of its capabilities? That mod in its original form basically turned healers into single button mashers (oh, and how the users of that mod still like to say Rogues are buttonmashers. pots and kettles and stuff).

And truely, TOR doesn't even NEED mods or addons. Neither did WoW, by the way, but mods created a necessity to balance all new content to compensate for the easymode they provide. No mods -> no need to tweak up the difficulty to get around the overuse of them -> no need to mess up the gameplay for those who do not WANT mods (of which there are plenty). So TOR is fine without them.

only been playing a week. having trouble keeping aggro with my juggernaut which i've been playing for 2 days.

my main is a low level merc. im usually healer but when i dps it would be nice to see how im doing in comparison to my other group members.

You can tell whether you are doing well just playing the game. The game is here for a year and people have beaten all content without much sweat. There is no need for addons.

The only reason people want these dps meters is so they can measure their epeens

Or they just like numbers? I like to test different builds and compare my companions usefulness and maybe kick someone semiafk out of my fp group.

Where does all the hate for WoW come from? It opened the mmo door for a lot of people. Or did you all start with UO and meridian just to flame wow players ?

the numbers discussion will always go on forever folks. No sense in arguing like your going to convince either side of the argument. Bio has stated that they are not going to allow mods in the game. the current approach to the log files is specifically designed to allow you to watch and gauge your own performance while not allowing for in game real time e-peen comparisons.

Im not a supporter of meters. I thought that they were critical to my function until I played a game that was well designed to not include them. I do not miss them at all. they key is to pay attention and use other visual cues to determine whats going on, and make choices based on that. I'm not dissing those who would want meters, Im just saying that there's ways to play the gaem without. MMO's existed prior to meters, and they will exist after that. This is a game that is designed to not have those, and you should make your play choices based on that. If you don't want to, that's fine. you can always choose not to play the game

@OP

Hold down your right shift key for about 20 seconds. Go into control panel -> accessibility features, edit the settings of each of the features "Sticky keys" "Filter Keys" etc, and disable the shortcut to toggle them. Also uncheck the feature enabled boxes if they are checked.

What makes you say that swtor is "designed for not having them" ?

It still uses the activate skill globalcooldown combo your skills system, like the gross of all other mmos

its just much more comfortable and accurate to have a real time combat parser then using a combat log analyser after a gaming session, especially since mr. robot throws errors when using it with opera (the best browser ever :cool: )

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.