Newbie looking for tips

Casualdeath

So I have a lvl 19 Scoundrel. I was trying to run the FP Hammer Station. My group did not wipe, or anything, I did not pull anything by accident. We finished the first boss after the other dps was killed during the fight. After the fight, the tank says. "Damn this DPS scoundrel is bad", and I was booted from the group for being "bad."

I start off with backblast, apply Vital shot, use quick shot, blaster whip, and the grenade move off cd......I also mix in a sabatage charge when its up. Is there something else I should be doing? Are all people who play this game like this?

At level 19? Someone who kicks you from the group is just being an ******e. Those kinds of dungeons do not have enrage timer, so there is no point to kick someone for any reason. People just hate scoundrels.

Honestly, you're doing fine so far. just keep leveling, toy with your build, and try out new things and new skills. When you get higher levels, you'll start to see more options, and then things may get more confusing. For now, it's best to just go as you are and find a decent group.

Ahh thats just someone being a *******. I'm not sure what level you get it but have you got sabotage charge yet? Blastervolley is another under used skill. For your rotation you want to be opening up with vital shot for the dots hitting in with back blast then punch followed by sabotage if you have it this way you maintain mana and damage but also don't burn up energy so fast. Grenades are brilliant and once you unlock surrender you'll drop all agro in seconds. Upper-hand is your friend by boosting your damage by 15%. :cool:

Scoundrels my main and my Favorite class stick with it.

Edited by LordZym

So I have a lvl 19 Scoundrel. I was trying to run the FP Hammer Station. My group did not wipe, or anything, I did not pull anything by accident. We finished the first boss after the other dps was killed during the fight. After the fight, the tank says. "Damn this DPS scoundrel is bad", and I was booted from the group for being "bad."

I start off with backblast, apply Vital shot, use quick shot, blaster whip, and the grenade move off cd......I also mix in a sabatage charge when its up. Is there something else I should be doing? Are all people who play this game like this?

Doesn't sound like you're doing anything wrong. In fact you're probably utilising more of your abilities than an average lvl 19 DPSer would have. I'd wager the reason that DPS died was because the tank wasn't tanking properly and/or the healer was feeling lazy or was DPSing himself or something. Unfortunately people like to shift blame on others, my guess is that group probably never went on to complete the flashpoint.

But honestly don't worry about it. Just carry on as you are and enjoy yourself, you'll get a neat collection of CC abilities as you level up so future groups will really begin to appreciate you.

It does sound like you were playing with jerks.I typically find people like that 25% of random flashpoints I do,which is one more reason I don't like doing flashpoints.The good thing about Scoundrels is you can go heal spec,and tell off rude players in Flashpoints,because at higher levels healers are rare.

The only thing I can think of from what you said on your post that could make you seem like a bad player is if you were breaking CC with your grenades.That could do it.Or if you weren't focusing your attacks on the same target the group was.

Also,even though you're DPS spec,you still have base heals.It wouldn't hurt to learn how to backup heal,if someone is going to die.

It does sound like they were being jerks, but your rotation should be changed, even at 19.

Use BB followed by Blaster Whip to gain 1 stack of Upper Hand. You were probably going out of energy quickly too on boss fights or even trash by not incorporating Flurry into your rotation. You wanna keep at least one stack of Upper Hand up at all times, but that's more for down the road. 19 is still too low to even care about anything to seriously.

I'm leveling my 4th Operative and I've maintained the entire while that the Operative/Scoundrel AC doesn't even BEGIN until level 36. I'm speaking strictly from a Concealment/Scrapper DPS point of view. Everything else below 36, where you pick up Hidden Strike/Shoot First, is simply BB and some Flying Fists to get you through the boredom of lower levels.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.