How much worse is the Merc situation going to get.....

Krozis

Wow i thought lots of people would L2P by now.. still heaps off QQing here about the class.

What is your rank in rated?

If you are playing mostly regular warzones. The merc is fine but still one of the most challenging classes to play. We have very little options that allow us to force our will on other players. Most times the best option is to run from a fight and use hit and fade tactics, but ironically we are not that good at escaping nor dps-ing on the run as other classes. Rated warzones are another problem all together. Unless you are heals you are pretty much useless to a team. You cannot generate the same amount of dps as other classes, less utility compared to other classes, and it's difficult to keep your self upright because of lack of defensive cool downs. The class is by far the worst pvp class next to a dps OP but they have more utility.

Edited by Choffware

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is your rank in rated?

If you are playing mostly regular warzones. The merc is fine but still one of the most challenging classes to play. We have very little options that allow us to force our will on other players. Most times the best option is to run from a fight and use hit and fade tactics, but ironically we are not that good at escaping nor dps-ing on the run as other classes. Rated warzones are another problem all together. Unless you are heals you are pretty much useless to a team. You cannot generate the same amount of dps as other classes, less utility compared to other classes, and it's difficult to keep your self upright because of lack of defensive cool downs. The class is by far the worst pvp class next to a dps OP but they have more utility.

Here we go again, whats your ranked rating. What is ranked really? its pointless, no one does it because it doesnt offer anything to work for, we dont even bother on our server.

And FYI i do do the same if not more DPS than other classes on our server.

Here we go again, whats your ranked rating. What is ranked really? its pointless, no one does it because it doesnt offer anything to work for, we dont even bother on our server.

And FYI i do do the same if not more DPS than other classes on our server.

Ok well that's the whole point of the complant. Ranked is still viable on my server. So if you are happy just playing regulars then the issue doesn't concern you. (Although most average players will still argue mercs are too hard to play even in regulars.) A lot of us would like to use our dps mercs on ranked teams but it's simply pointless. The merc class is fine in free for all situations but are easily eliminated or rendered useless in ranked games because players can simply keep you moving or interrupt you. So you are doing your team a great diservice by taking up a slot. Doesn't matter how good of a merc you are the mechanics will not allow you to succeed beyond a low threshold.

I do about 300k-400k in every regular warzone. AND I focus on objectives and don't spend the whole match blindly dps-ing. But I can't do jack on my merc in ranked warzones. My guild didn't kick me off the team I simply stopped asking to join the queue unless there was no one else on. I finally gave in and started playing alts and I will say the other classes are like easy mode compared to a merc. Sorc might not do as much raw damage but has far more utility. And the marauder I have is just wrecking ball. I'm all for having a class that is more challenging to play but it has to have the tools to succeed if played properly and the mercs simply don't have the tools to fill any niche on a team.

edit:

Ok I'll add this... for a pve player this problem would be equivalent to a class that did ok in flashpoints but were useless in operations. To the point where other classes were carrying your class and most raid groups avoided going into operations with your class.

Edited by Choffware

From the information we have so far, it looks like they are going to give us the abilities and utility we should already have had since 1.3. Then they are buffing all the other classes to 55, whilst we will still effectively be as good as a sage/scoundrel at 50.

Vote with your wallets people. If these changes keep us down on rock bottom, unsub.

make a Merc move or interrupt them, and they are boned!! Pre 1.2 i seen Mercs own because nobody knew what the heck an interrupt was.

the class has been in disarray post 1.2. (even 1.2 if you knew how to play)

QFT

Like I said, vote with your wallets. Commandos and Mercs alike.

Edited by SkinzOCAU

From the information we have so far, it looks like they are going to give us the abilities and utility we should already have had since 1.3. Then they are buffing all the other classes to 55, whilst we will still effectively be as good as a sage/scoundrel at 50.

Vote with your wallets people. If these changes keep us down on rock bottom, unsub.

QFT

Like I said, vote with your wallets. Commandos and Mercs alike.

Every MMO has a class that is, at a particular moment in time, unbalanced. If that is enough to make you unsub, so be it. Suit yourself.

As I said, I started with a merc at launch, got him to 50 and re-rolled. When the changes come, he'll be there.

Every MMO has a class that is, at a particular moment in time, unbalanced. If that is enough to make you unsub, so be it. Suit yourself.

As I said, I started with a merc at launch, got him to 50 and re-rolled. When the changes come, he'll be there.

We've been 'unbalanced' since 1.3. Do you want us all in here to list the disadvantages we have had? We are all paying the same amount of money as any other subscriber. Some of us want to stay on our Merc/Trooper. Others just dont have the time to invest in playing another toon, let alone keeping their main up to date with EWH/Campaign gear.

If I subscribe to a service each month and pay the same amount as any other customer, then I expect the SAME quality. If a phone/internet/electricity/water company gave you subpar service, and did not fix one thing since this time last year, I am sure you would change too.