Request: Jump animation for force users?

Cheeriostm

I presently play a sith assassin. He's got a double bladed light saber and i even found him a pair of pants (thank god). He looks (mostly) cool. Feels really awesome to kick butt. So my request is this:

Can we get a jump animation to sith assassins (and their jedi counterpart) that is a flip instead of the wierd stick-horsie jump they have now? I know it's minor, and i know its such a simple element, but i really think that a jump animation where my character does a flip instead of a stick-horsie thing would be awesome. Maybe jumping in the air, and doing a flip with one hand on the light saber? I imagine it wouldn;t be hard to make something aesthetically pleasing. Thanks!:D

Edited by Cheeriostm

Also, some idle animation changes for the double-bladed light saber would be nice. Watching them move it with both hands doesnt have a certain agile feel to it, it feels blocky and slow. Hypothetically, if i were a jedi, and i had a double-bladed saber, and i were flipping it while standing there, i'd use one hand, not both hands, because its a flourish... it looks cooler. Realistically, you wouldn't spin a lightsaber for no reason, being that its a beam-o-death, but flourishes, such that the idle animation is, should be more... theatrical? they should make you go, hells yea, im a bad mutha fugga.

No.

Stop jumping around like a bunch of lunatics.

^ Has a point.

I'm going to use my non-force sensitive powers to look into the future.

I hopefully see a Jedi Request section, because 90% of Class Requests will be involving them.

I then hopefully see a 'This Is The Thread You Bump Your Posts In Because You Think Your Idea Is Great But Most People Don't Actually Care' section..

Sure, a force jump would be cool for the jedi.

Except this isn't a superhero MMO, and this isn't the matrix online..

If you are speaking from a cosmetic point of view, I really don't think serious RP'ers run around jumping non-stop.. In which case it doesn't matter.

If you aren't an RP'er, then why does it matter..

Here's how it goes: If they give Jedi more cool stuff, the 20% population that is the other class wants equivalent cool stuff..

If it's not given it creates an illusion of favoritism.

So requesting something basic but for a specific class will probably not get done for whatever reason other people will give you.

The simple matter is, can troopers force jump?

Smugglers?

Agents?

Bounty hunters?

Next you'll say "Well they can have one too!"

No.

They Can't.

They aren't Jedi.

Next you'll say "They can have a jet pack or something!"

Smugglers don't have jetpacks or jetboots and they can't jump 50 ft..

Next you'll say "They can have spring shoes!"

That's going too far.

As basic as it is, too much hassle IMO..

We don't need Night Elves, and the Stick Horsie Thing does it's job, provides the jumping experience along with a laugh if you think it's stupid.

It's a win, win really.

The point is more toward having an aesthetically pleasing jump animation for those of us with double-bladed light sabers. Get a double-bladed light saber, jump, and tell me that it doesn't look akward, or have a friend jump and have yourself a look, it looks silly.

Even if the lightsaber ended up in one hand rather than still holding on to it with both hands, during a jump, i think we'd be ok. I don't know if other classes jump animations look silly or not, but i can say the assassin (and shadow) looks silly with a DB light saber.

As it stands i LOVE the running animation for when a DB Lightsaber is out, looks great, but the jump animation just pops out as rough. I'm sure im not the only DB lightsaber user that doesnt like to look at his character ride a side pony every time he leaps into the air at all, and the only reason i suggested a flip was because it was particularly cool feeling that it would replace said horse stick jump thingy really well. Just something that says "i'm a force user, yeaaaaa" would be sweet, but really all i'm asking is to detach that second had from the DB Lightsaber when jumping.

Edited by Cheeriostm