Time for an Expansion?

Kildarian

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=540427&page=3

12.10.2012 , 10:46 PM | #24

EditReport PostQuote

Holy Head In The Clouds Batman or what...

How could anyone say an expansion is not needed, Hell a whole new revamp is needed! The simple fact is SWTOR had a great opportunity to take MMO's in a whole new direction but elected to fabricate a clone of WOW. And to make things even better they structured the platform as such to take away most of the elements that kept people in WOW for the length of time they have.

I can only speak from my own personal experience and that of the experiences of those I have Journeyed with through 15 years of paying almost every MMO at one point in time or another put there. I am sure those of you that pledged your allegiance and blindly follow content with the limited success SWTOR has received getting some personal satisfaction that they are troopers, the die hards and i am sure ingame like holding their status above everyone else will admittedly object to what I am saying. Well tough luck if you don't want to hear it don't read it!

Going back to Star Wars Galaxies as someone had previously mentioned the big points for that game where a real economy, item durability meant crafters mean something. And the grade of materials reflecting directly on the quality of the item gave people pride in the materials they produced and the time it took to acquire the resources. And again people took pride in the opportunity when or if they got the chance to create a Jedi or Sith, these cookie cutter force users handed to anyone and everyone from the get go created little to no attachment to the character. Lastly the open world, who would of thunk it but how linear and oppressive could a Star Wars world get, well SWTOR oppressive I guess. No real space aspect to the game at all, Bio Ware's famous single player mind set of the game progression leading you by the nose down the path to Glory!

People left their other MMOs to have a chance to have an impact on the Star Wars world we all love. Instances here and instance there aside we would have hoped for our Galaxy to be a whole lot more sandboxie then what was given to use. Ask yourself really, what opportunities have you really given us the players to make a little part of this Galaxy as our own or have an impact to. All story orientated nothing MMO related! And the creativity on the end game boy's astounding, battle grounds and gear grinding... why not just not return to WOW where this was already well established and my dues paid. Trying to release essentially the same game platform with an already established game, especially one as big as WOW, just stupid. You where relying much to heavily on the bases that it is Star Wars.

I really could go on, with reference to many other MMO's and what at the time made them successful and SWTOR is lacking but I think I have made a point. And to those mental midgets who are all tying up right now "Oooh just go back to WOW" How many of you are still paying for your accounts? I am... and I swore I would never return to WOW when I left and have not go back on that. However I will not continue to support a game with no hope, and simple economics state that if this game is not growing and profiting the game that will be left with those 2 people overseeing the project will not be worth the time invested to play it. Something has to change, BIG and SOON or this game will wallow in its own demise with you Die Hards not understanding how those stupid Devs could fail you so badly and are not catering to you in your own little world where player population and generated revenues from expansions don't matter. Pull your head out of the galactic holes please!

JKShannon

Yesterday , 09:41 AM | #25

Report PostQuote

Quote: Originally Posted by Kildarian

Your post hit on every topic that this game has disappointed me with. After following this game for years after its announcement, the last year of actual play time has been heart breaking. How could a game with this much potential go so wrong? As a lifelong Star Wars and MMO fan I nearly died of excitement when this game was announced and now am dying of sadness from its many problems. Great post, I just wish it was in a better thread where other gamers and Devs might actually read it. A new expansion won't fix this game.

NinjatisedLemon

Today , 01:30 AM | #26

Report PostQuote

To be honest, I actually think an expansion could completely fix whats going on in the game right now. They would through the expansion have to revamp alot of things. And holy hell I mean alot of things. In my opinion making a an expansion would be the easiest way to fix everything at once instead of slowly fixing things and just making people more mad as they slowly wait for the thing they want to get fixed to be fixed. I don't see one in the near future but from a software standpoint an expansion would be the easiest way to fix all the content plus add new content that the players have wanted to see all at the same time.

I understand everything you have said about the bads of the game. But to think about it, MMOs are all the same. It just so happens that WOW is the name and face of all MMOs. I have played many MMOs in my time, and they all had the same gameplay. just different toons, different places, and different weapons. An expansion would be great dont get me wrong, buta the same time, all it's going to do is add new classes and new places. The gameplay wont change at all. theres really nothing you can do really to this game besides making it a first person. That would change the realm of all MMOs in creation. Make it a first person with a third person toggle button. Thats pretty much the only way SWTOR will become better than any other MMO

I understand everything you have said about the bads of the game. But to think about it, MMOs are all the same. It just so happens that WOW is the name and face of all MMOs. I have played many MMOs in my time, and they all had the same gameplay. just different toons, different places, and different weapons. An expansion would be great dont get me wrong, buta the same time, all it's going to do is add new classes and new places. The gameplay wont change at all. theres really nothing you can do really to this game besides making it a first person. That would change the realm of all MMOs in creation. Make it a first person with a third person toggle button. Thats pretty much the only way SWTOR will become better than any other MMO

Not sure what you mean, because this is already possible. Use your scroll wheel to "zoom in" and eventually you get to the first person perspective.