Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

You did it, you killed 10-49 PvP lvl,nerfing XP

Lord_Karsk

Again, I say BS.

BW specifically told us the legacy XP perks were to allow us to level alts in activities we prefer, while avoiding/minimizing those we don't.

Are you for seriousing me right now? Did I not specifically state in a previous post that this is the case? This way, XP does not have to be as high on all activities, allowing players to experience more aspects of the game while leveling or choosing activities they prefer to level faster through the perks. Therefore if they nerfed all XP gained, it would allow those who play in multiple areas to participate fully without leveling too fast and still give those who want to level in one specific way a viable option to level without taking too much time.

Personally, the legacy perks made me level 40-50 too fast and almost miss out on maxing my comms on my latest alt. So, I don't see where your complaint is on XP. I'm not saying that I needed XP nerfed or that it was even intentional by BW with this patch, but there may be players who enjoy the game differently than the hardcore PVP crowd and there are options in place for both.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

/shrug

I thought wz xp was too much - actually leveled too quickly. Combining a lot of PvP with PvE made me outgrow planets too fast.

I like that there's less xp.

For a game that's supposed to be about choice we sure are getting limited as to what we can do...

You have to have a balance. MOST players do not level through PVP only, but like to experience all the game offers. If XP gain is too high in one area, it will detract from other areas.

Look at the advice given to all players while leveling: If you plan to PVP at 50, max out your comms before you level out. Well, you can't really do anything but PVP from 40-50 and still max out your comms at this point. I would prefer that the XP perks were higher to give those who plan to utilize only one way to level a feasible way to do so, while allowing the majority of the population to level however they want and balance their gameplay.

TL;DR don't claim you are being punished because you choose to ignore the rest of the game

(yes, I level through PVP typically and no, I don't care if XP is lowered or not but your me,me,me attitude irked me)

How is my attitude any worse then that of the person I quoted? I don't like how fast I level! It is good that I won't level so fast anymore! Quicker leveling doesn't hurt anyone who wants to enjoy everything the game has to offer. Reducing XP gain in PvP does hurt people. I'm not sorry for doing the same.

There already is a balance. I can do four warzones in an hour and get 40 thousand XP or I can PvE for an hour and get even more. PvE is more efficient (and there is nothing wrong with how it was).

Maximizing comms isn't necessary. People who say otherwise are just trying to justify the gear gap. It. Is. Not. Necessary.

EDIT: And not everyone has Legacy perks.

Edited by SaijaRii

Thread in General got a BW post. Says they're looking into it. Guessing that means it's not WAI.

It's to get them some breathing time to evaluate the negative feedback. If it's working as intended it's certainly a cash grab. If they claim it's a bug then it's too damn convenient with the sale on xp boosts last week. People don't think there is value in buying a 3 hour xp boost for $1.

Guys, I am not seeing this XP nerf. I lost a Novare Coast yesterday 100-0 and got 10k xp at lvl 21 and today lost one as well at lvl 22 and got 10k as well. Unfortunately I did not screenshot the second one.

However I also had a Civil War that we won 310-0 and got 14k xp for it (lvl 22). Yesterday (pre 1.6, lvl 21) I won a Civil War 340-0 and got 12k XP. I have the screenshots for these. Keep in mind that XP is dependent on how long the WZ lasted.

Pre 1.6: http://i.imgur.com/XSGEf.jpg

Post 1.6: http://i.imgur.com/VSMjT.jpg

The XP returns seem to be consistent. I don't understand however why so many people are reporting this problem. Maybe it has something to do if we used the consumable XP buffs or not? I was using my 25% XP buff in both instances. I also have all the legacy Warzone XP perks. Maybe the XP is bugged when you are not using the buff?

Edited by Pahomi

Guys, I am not seeing this XP nerf. I lost a Novare Coast yesterday 100-0 and got 10k xp at lvl 21 and today lost one as well at lvl 22 and got 10k as well. Unfortunately I did not screenshot the second one.

However I also had a Civil War that we won 310-0 and got 14k xp for it (lvl 22). Yesterday (pre 1.6, lvl 21) I won a Civil War 340-0 and got 12k XP. I have the screenshots for these. Keep in mind that XP is dependent on how long the WZ lasted.

Pre 1.6: http://i.imgur.com/XSGEf.jpg

Post 1.6: http://i.imgur.com/VSMjT.jpg

The XP returns seem to be consistent. I don't understand however why so many people are reporting this problem. Maybe it has something to do if we used the consumable XP buffs or not? I was using my 25% XP buff in both instances. I also have all the legacy Warzone XP perks. Maybe the XP is bugged when you are not using the buff?

Another two close waarzones played pre and post 1.6. Both Huttball losses, pre 1.6 had 2 minutes left with 12k XP and post 1.6 was full time with 15k XP.

Pre 1.6: http://i.imgur.com/OKJ1a.jpg

Post 1.6: http://i.imgur.com/w2Lbw.jpg

Results are consistent. I am not saying you guys are lying or exaggerating, there may be something to this, but it's not happening for me.

Edited by Pahomi

Managed to get 2 near identical warzones today.

Alderaan Win 200 - 0 8 medals level 24 9240 xp

Alderaan Loss 0 - 190 7 medals level 24 13570 xp

Both with 18% legacy xp boost.

Caps where all done within 2 mins no 50 minute long battle for them or anything :)

Someone else suggested that XP rewards may be reversed they may not be wrong.

Edited by thamightyboro

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.