WH-EWH Gear stats gap

BigUten

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And on topic: SWTOR peoples said they are really trying to narrow the gear gap. I'd be okay if we all had the same gear. Bads are always going to get smoked regardless.

THIS!

So much....this!

See, I welcome the gear normalization, because as a 15 hour a week gamer, I hated the fact it took me months to gear. No ability to realistically PvP on another 50, so there's characters I gave up on, like my Sniper who's a lowbie and my Mara who's level 50 with some 1100 expertise I guess.

I DO think the EWH stuff should be a little better then it is stats wise, but not expertise wise. I think some of the EWH stuff is actually worse then the WH stuff (example, relics)

Thanx for the shocking news. Like it matters anyway with every noob and thier brother with an LOL smash, now they can say thier LOL smash does 100 more damage....great, this isn't even a gear game now, it's a freaking class game.

And now who's whining with smash as their front. For someone who can't even contribute much in the thread.

People always complain about the carrot well here you go no carrot. You can go for EWH but really why bother the stat difference is not really going to matter. One of the fun things to do is work to make your character stronger does not matter if it is PvE or PvP. Now once you hit WH augment min/max you can pretty much stop and roll an alt. Kind of sad because I really enjoy working for that shiny piece of gear.

As for those who want to get ride of the the stat increase all together in favor of new cool looking orange gear, have you seen the crap these people make? I mean really do you want to grind thousands of ranked comms just to have a black and white piece of trash? Yes some games have great designs but this is not one of the them and I have no hope that they will suddenly achieve artistic greatness.

PvP should be about skill, not gear. This will encourage more people to play because obtaining the War Hero set will be very easy and they will be more competitive. It is also great for people who like to play other classes, because we can now gear those up 10 times faster. This is the best thing they could do regarding gear.

Seriously i checked the stat difference on them and i mostly see only a +2 - +4 increase in stats. I mean in my opinion it removes the effort of grinding them since it doesn't really do much.

I may be somewhat sad because the stat difference is not that much and BM being phased out that would really close the gap for fresh 50's so they can hold their own much better on warzones. But it's probably my elitist and competitive side whining. As a PVPer i enjoy owning people with gear that is far better than their's. But i did grind for it for weeks before i got to that point.

All i am saying is the EWH is not giving us more compensation in terms of effort to grind EWH gear.

Atleast make it a 10-15 stat difference. Just my 2 cents.

So you're saying you like competitive pvp... but also complaining that there's barely any bonus to EWH gear?

Does not compute.

If you like owning people with gear that's way better than what they have- you're not competitive. I won't comment one whether or not your style is right or wrong- but at the very least don't fool yourself into thinking you are competitive when you're complaining that the game is now more competitive.

Edited by fungihoujo

First people QQ that there is too much of a gap between sets of pvp gear. And now, low and behold, people QQ about there being too small of a gap between sets of pvp gear. God forbid they take away your excuse for losing WZ after WZ. But of course, that's because the other team had too many dual flashlight brigades or too many pyros or healers or stealthers or whatever <insert excuse here>.

So you're saying you like competitive pvp... but also complaining that there's barely any bonus to EWH gear?

Does not compute.

If you like owning people with gear that's way better than what they have- you're not competitive. I won't comment one whether or not your style is right or wrong- but at the very least don't fool yourself into thinking you are competitive when you're complaining that the game is now more competitive.

I doubt you get the point, regardless on the gear gap i don't mind people having wh gear. I have experienced the same thing, grinding for **** while being undergeared. Being spoon fed like this and removing BM is not viable because the time spent grinding and demodding the wh gear before was extreme.

Well you wouldn't know how we feel you prolly ddn't grind for your gear and waited for this patch.

This would introduce more rwz opportunities to baddies and that's fine with me but the transition to the gear gap was so tight and easy that the time that was spent by the veterans aren't considered. The transition to BM-WH was just fine because full BM users are just lazy to augment their ****.

Exactly.

Yeah I agree too.

I expected to be under powered when I first got to 50 so I never complained about it, I still had fun and took players out who had better gear than me sometimes.

There's no reason to play any more if there is no reward for doing it.

Yeah I agree too.

I expected to be under powered when I first got to 50 so I never complained about it, I still had fun and took players out who had better gear than me sometimes.

There's no reason to play any more if there is no reward for doing it.

Nope, sure isn't.

But that point is lost on quite a few people.

I blame social scientists spreading around fairy tales and getting people to believe that no one should ever have their feelings hurt.

One thing I noticed today was several of the "good" premades weren't as good. This is a great thing and after a few weeks gear will matter far less and pvp will have more even matches and be even more fun. Now if we can just add in cross server and a premade matching system then at least the instanced pvp will be great in swtor.

One thing I noticed today was several of the "good" premades weren't as good. This is a great thing and after a few weeks gear will matter far less and pvp will have more even matches and be even more fun. Now if we can just add in cross server and a premade matching system then at least the instanced pvp will be great in swtor.

But will people actually want to play them if there's no reward for doing so?

I know I don't. Sad really, I loved the pvp in this game.

Edited by reggieee

Thanx for the shocking news. Like it matters anyway with every noob and thier brother with an LOL smash, now they can say thier LOL smash does 100 more damage....great, this isn't even a gear game now, it's a freaking class game.

Agreed ive seen alot more glowsticks out there now, its a FOTOM game now lol.

But will people actually want to play them if there's no reward for doing so?

I know I don't. Sad really, I loved the pvp in this game.

I don't need gear as a reward. Knowing I competed against others and beat the best they were able to put out is enough for me. I don't get tangeable rewards from board games and other types of tabletop games either, but I thoroughly enjoy competing with others in those as well.

That goes for so many games. What do you really get beside the satisfaction of being able to claim victory over your opponent.

Though that's not to say I don't appreciate the extras like gear, money and other stuff from winning. I just don't require it to want to compete in the first place.

Edited by Marius_Xerxes

for me, in PvP, the grind shouldn't reward you gear with better stats. better looking pieces or different set bonuses, maybe.

the grind's reward should be the experience and skills you gain for long hours of PvP. it should be about experience and skill, not the gear gap. PvP is different from PvE. you shouldn't be able to out-gear another player. you should only be able to out-skill/out-wit them.

this is why i like GW2's PvP gear system. the PvP grind only gives you ****** looking gear. so if you see someone going for you looking like something that would eat your face, it's a pretty good indication of how much experience he has with PvP. but you know that if you play it right and play it well, you have a chance at beating him.

the grind's reward should be the experience and skills you gain for long hours of PvP. it should be about experience and skill, not the gear gap. PvP is different from PvE. you shouldn't be able to out-gear another player. you should only be able to out-skill/out-wit them.

this is why i like GW2's PvP gear system. the PvP grind only gives you ****** looking gear. so if you see someone going for you looking like something that would eat your face, it's a pretty good indication of how much experience he has with PvP. but you know that if you play it right and play it well, you have a chance at beating him.

The gear gap was one of the few things that allowed certain classes to be somewhat competitive in PvP.

Also, now, instead of only half of the flying smash monkeys being in WH, all of them will be.

Claiming that closing the gear gap will make PvP better is a fine theory. It would work if all of the classes were made somewhat equal, though different.

However, they aren't equal, and there are numerous classes that are drastically inferior in PvP where their only saving grace was that their player put in the time to grind out comms so he/she could out gear their opponents to the point of giving them more of a chance to survive.

for me, in PvP, the grind shouldn't reward you gear with better stats. better looking pieces or different set bonuses, maybe.

So maybe we should just have one tier of gear that everyone gets for free as soon as they get to 50 and that's it? Just play endless war zones for the fun of it with no goal in sight?

People would soon get bored if there was nothing to aim for.....oh wait!!!

Edited by reggieee

You people can never be satisfied. Bioware closes the gear gap, now you're whining about classes. Bioware can never win with you guys.