Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Cyrillic in the chat (Russian Topic)

Buks

some posts in this thread shows a complete ignorance and lack of common sense.

lack of cyrillic support CAN'T STOP THE CHAT SPAM. it just makes communication between russians in game difficult.

just imagine how u'll feel if u purchased a russian made game and it supports only cyrillic chat.....

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suggest to all those who for the Cyrillic alphabet, send a letter in support of the bioware: bwacommunitysupport@bioware.com. Here's my version of the letter, you can take it as a basis.

"

Cyrillic in the chat.

Hello!

It would be very fine, if you will enter cyrillic into a game chat, at least in a guilds*chat*. Very many*people*necessary it and there is subject to support these idea: http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=6164.

You have a very good company, which has made many beautiful games. Love you all over the world and particular in Russia! We trust in your professionalism and in that, that you can easily make it and not upset your fans from Russia and CIS. All hope on you!

--

With best regards"

if someone better with English, post here your alternatives!

Would like to rise this problem.

There is no support for cyrillic in the chat.

I think this is the issue, because SWTOR is officialy released in Russia, and we need suport for cyrrilic letters ingame.

Thank you for understanding.

thats not a problem as there is no russian servers

thats not a problem as there is no russian servers

Russian will write to the chat in Russian anyway. They will be use translite instead. And if you can understand cyrrilic partially using an translator, youll never understand translite. Thats worse imho.

You cant deny russian language in chat by block cyrillic. There are no way.

So i not see any problem to make all world players use an unicode in chat.

1) from RF

2) partially support the thread

3) English Server=English Language ONLY in chat. Mixing both is stupid. BTW where's the Chinese guys? Wanna also watch their native in the chat? hope not, so forget this ffs...

Considering the above-stated, a few servers, maybe even inside some sort of reservation region with Cyrillic support, fully localized in best traditions of EA-Russia (hooray and glory to BFBC2/Vietnam and BF3 localizers) is the best approach. Following the blizzard's path in this particular task is highly recommended.

all is IMHO.

Now I see that in the U.S. and Western Europe really have problems such as racism, intolerance, etc.

Yeah , u havent experienced what happens when some nation starts flooding all chats with their language and they dont care. Oh and good for all of you who cant understand what tons of russians (just example) are saying about english speakers. Its your opinion but you dont even have a clue

Edited by Mezgejas

Yeah , u havent experienced what happens when some nation starts flooding all chats with their language and they dont care.

this is the real reason for hate... all nation... I have an experience, when English spamming all chat))

Oh and good for all of you who cant understand what tons of russians (just example) are saying about english speakers. Its your opinion but you dont even have a clue

then let us avenge each other ... or better keep up appearances?

Edited by pystoe

Yeah , u havent experienced what happens when some nation starts flooding all chats with their language and they dont care. Oh and good for all of you who cant understand what tons of russians (just example) are saying about english speakers. Its your opinion but you dont even have a clue

I do not understand the languages ​​of many nations, but they do not bother me when they talk in their native languages​​.

I really wonder why are you so annoying that not the whole world speaks English.

Completely support this petition.

Using translitiration is such a pain, and if someone wants to say jibberish in general he will find a way to do it with or without cyrilic fonts.

So by not adding cyrillic suppot you're punishing polite customers, while doing nothing against those who abuse chat(it's like using DRM to prevent piracy, really)

2dEYnOnYx

Shame on you, take pride in your country or gt... i mean please leave at once so we would not be offended by your presence(see how nice russians are?)

God bless you sir, i,m stupid russian, I work on installation of windows(not a system, WINDOW, stupid plastik window), played stupid russian game, and talk on stupid russian language, Shame on me. God bless you sir, God bless you!

God bless you sir, i,m stupid russian, I work on installation of windows(not a system, WINDOW, stupid plastik window), played stupid russian game, and talk on stupid russian language, Shame on me. God bless you sir, God bless you!

Tonkiy troll :D

Just ask for a russian server where you can have your language.

Me, I loath seeing gibberish in chat. English aint my native language, but I have the common respect to speak it on english servers.

You're not current with the times bro.

Most people in USA do not speak English anymore, why should the servers be any different.

Keep English to the Brit servers

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.