Cyrillic in the chat (Russian Topic)

Buks

• Replies 849
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just don't get it. Other nationalities don't complain for not being able to use their speciffic letters in chat and it's just as annoying for them to use English to transcribe sounds that can't be said otherwise. It's just the Russians.

cause almost all other european languages are supported. We can see letters with accents and umlauts on english servers.

Even if there will be no such letters - latin based languages are much more comfortable to use english alphabet. Transliteration from russian to english - is VERY annoying thing.

If Bioware can make Cyrillic ONLY in GUILD/PRIVATE then heck I'll support your right. I'll even be the first to post in that thread. But it's not likely.

SUDDENLY!

In whole this topic we are talking about it. It's not necessary to support cyrillic in general chats, we want it just in guild/private :)

I just don't get it. Other nationalities don't complain for not being able to use their speciffic letters in chat and it's just as annoying for them to use English to transcribe sounds that can't be said otherwise. It's just the Russians.

:) Look at the map.

Check statistic.

Calculate.

And... often they speak russian better then english.

Here is post 5-10 % of our аudience. And you hear us. If even 100% persons (other nationalities with specific letters) begin to talk, not sure you will hear them. So... What is why.

P.S. I'm not talk about chines :)

Edited by Shadera

cause almost all other european languages are supported. We can see letters with accents and umlauts on english servers.

Even if there will be no such letters - latin based languages are much more comfortable to use english alphabet. Transliteration from russian to english - is VERY annoying thing.

I have some Danish and Sweedish friends If you think it's annoying to use English Letters to write Russian ask how it is for them.

just few letters, ha! you want me to show you russian alphabet?

I am Russian myself, so I can show them to you as well. :)

And being Russian I am glad there is no Cyrillic support in the game. For me it's much easier to ignore silly chat and constant swearing when it's in transliteration. From my experience it's even more or less OK (8 years of SWG), and Panda game became better on that front after they introduced Russian servers.

But, again, I am not working for Bioware so it's not my call.

Well I'm trying to avoid 'Russian' servers myself, even tho Im Russian.

Me too :)

But it would be great, if there will be support of cyrillic alphabet in guild/private chats. I will play with small russian-speaking guild, not from goha community. We all want to stay far away from goha-styled players, we will use english in general chats, but it's so annoying to use transliteration in guild or private chats.

:) Look at the map.

Check statistic.

Calculate.

And... often they speak russian better then english.

Here is post 5-10 % of our аudience. And you hear us. If even 100% persons (other nationalities with specific letters) begin to talk, not sure you will hear them. So... What is why.

P.S. I'm not talk about chines :)

Read your post 3 times still can't understand it. Sorry you use some strange English.

I know i am getting punshes for this...

If you would have let win us in 1945, europe and ussr wouldnt have a language problem....

Unicode support +1

I have an idea , why dont you just detonate fhew of your rusty old nuclear weapons on your own soil and release rest of the world of ppl like yourself.

i take really offensive that they didn't include Russian language...Btw, Russia actually part of Europe ( whoever stated otherwise is moron ). Those who's writing negative comments about this idea are pretty much racists) For me as American, english is the way to go :) BUT i dont mind seeing Russian mates talking in Russian ( as long as they respect everyone else)

i take really offensive that they didn't include Russian language...Btw, Russia actually part of Europe ( whoever stated otherwise is moron ). Those who's writing negative comments about this idea are pretty much racists) For me as American, english is the way to go :) BUT i dont mind seeing Russian mates talking in Russian ( as long as they respect everyone else)

thank you, for your support :)

ty m8

I think this is the issue, because SWTOR is officialy released in Russia, and we need suport for cyrrilic letters ingame.

For what? Can you not write Russian in Latin? (it's a serious question, as a Serb, our primary alphabet is Cyrillic, but we're fully able to write in Latin - I'm not sure if same is possible with Russian, but my guess is it is)

In all honesty, if there's no Russian servers, there's absolutely no need for Russian letters. No offense, but I've seen enough (English) servers "hijacked" by Russians in WoW and they were avoided like the plague.

Edited by Vrachara