Xmas Gift SWTOR - FTP + Credits or 6 month subscription

Silent_Majority

Heyas,

I played SWTOR a LOT when it came out and I'm going to set up something for my nephew as he's a huge Star Wars fan and I think he'd love the game. My only question is should I give him 6 months of full access or go for a FTP model gift with the money added to his account for spending in the store?

Any comparison / ideas much appreciated

Had it been me I would have gone with the subscription, but I also totally understand anyone wanting to go with the FTP with cartel coin option, the FTP with cartel coins makes sense I guess from a cost effective standpoint in that there's not much to gain from lvl 1 to 50 with a subscription compared to FTP and then one can then after reaching lvl 50 decide if one wants to subscribe or not, but I would personally go with the subscription since it seems more like a gift to me in my opinion and then you also don't need to spend cartel coins on features a subscription might give you later

Definitely get him the subscription in my opinion. He'll get some CCs every month that way and can hold onto them for a few months if he sees something in particular he needs. Otherwise it's worth the huge amount of conveniences subscribers get; there's just far too much quality of life stuff that you don't get as a preferred member that it's a no-brainer to me.

Heyas,

I played SWTOR a LOT when it came out and I'm going to set up something for my nephew as he's a huge Star Wars fan and I think he'd love the game. My only question is should I give him 6 months of full access or go for a FTP model gift with the money added to his account for spending in the store?

Subscription

Heyas,

That really depends on his age. If he is a teenager, go subscription. I doubt he will like the F2P restrictions (races, for example), and at that age as a gamer he is sure to notice.

If the fella is like 8-10 or so, a subscription might be lost on him at this point. Let him make sure he likes the game and will even play it for 6 months. At that age, I can tell you from experience, video games are very much a jump-here/jump-there affair.

As a father of four (ages 19, 14, 12, and 2) with a metric ton of nieces and nephews all ranging in age from 2 months old to 13 years old, I can tell you that his age is going to be a huge factor on whether or not a subscription turns into a waste of money. It doesn't matter how good the game is, or what you get for a subscription, but rather whether or not his attention will remain on it for 6 months.

Take the age into strong consideration.

Edited by Jumajin