Servers are FULL!!

Sheward

I think it could be a great idea a free pj migration service, at least during the launch week, because in my server (Scepter of Ragnos) there is a queue of 400+ and I have to wait 30 minutes aprox. to play, but probably Scepter of Ragnos is not the only one affected by this problem... what do you think?

I think it could be a great idea a free pj migration service, at least during the launch week, because in my server (Scepter of Ragnos) there is a queue of 400+ and I have to wait 30 minutes aprox. to play, but probably Scepter of Ragnos is not the only one affected by this problem... what do you think?

Well I dont know what a PJ Migration is. Sounds delicious!

Free? Why dont you reroll for free on another server? Its only been out a week for some and less then 7 hours for the rest of ya.

There's your free!

If you want character transfers you are going to have to wait a month if your lucky. More like 2 or three.

Besides transfers ruin the game long run.

Edited by ThePikey

Ye, I honestly think we'll see horrible queues for a week or so. While the new guys start thinking rationally and move to the light/standard servers.

So just ride out the storm. It's been the same way in EVERY mmo and EVERY major expansion I've played for a long time. Free migrations at this point could severely screw some servers/balances over.

On a side note.

Must be sorta complex from a company PoV to loadbalance not only the electronic stuff, but getting people to rationalize the right way. Unfortunately we're all devouted lemmings when it comes to MMOs, and people will flock to high-pop servers. :rolleyes:

Ye, I honestly think we'll see horrible queues for a week or so. While the new guys start thinking rationally and move to the light/standard servers.

So just ride out the storm. It's been the same way in EVERY mmo and EVERY major expansion I've played for a long time. Free migrations at this point could severely screw some servers/balances over.

On a side note.

Must be sorta complex from a company PoV to loadbalance not only the electronic stuff, but getting people to rationalize the right way. Unfortunately we're all devouted lemmings when it comes to MMOs, and people will flock to high-pop servers. :rolleyes:

Yea this really is the problem. I was wondering if they could gray out those heavy-full servers to make them less appealing and showing. Of course the green and red colour codes already help to coax some people. Also dropping the full server to way bottom of server list could help too, but as I see this is done too. Cant really think what else they could do really, short of stopping new people to log on them, which probably wouldnt be a good idea.

While the new guys start thinking rationally and move to the light/standard servers.

hahahahahahahaha....cough...choke. The WHAT? You mean like the people that got congested in highly populated servers and decided to move when it was absolutely unplayable? Who the **** cares if you cannot play when you can be in the pro PvP server of the <insert region>......

Look around for low populated servers. Even if it's not one you want to be on cause your friends are all on another one you can at least play on the low pop (if there are any left lol) till wait times are better on the one you want.

I have 3 servers with toon's on it for different times of the day. I haven't had a problem waiting as of yet. But i have 3 servers to pick from in different times zones. :)

Yea this really is the problem. I was wondering if they could gray out those heavy-full servers to make them less appealing and showing. Of course the green and red colour codes already help to coax some people. Also dropping the full server to way bottom of server list could help too, but as I see this is done too. Cant really think what else they could do really, short of stopping new people to log on them, which probably wouldnt be a good idea.

They should just cut the access to HEAVY populated servers or something, cause ofc if they let omre ppl in these servers will become full at some point.

On a side note.

sincce day 3 and 4 of EA I have lost faith in your statement...

though it mirrors my opinion. I monitored this since I took the pre holidays week of to play the game: there have at any time the existing server have been on heavy load new servers been added. Therefor I have no reason to blame BIOWARE for the missery. Its the new guys joing I blame. Though this night/day there was nothing to indicate the already high population. Thats sort of biowares fault.

TL:DR

/sign

the answerto this isnt " open more servers" trust me thats a bad idea.

You are correct this is a VERY BAD idea. Once theis hype is over the game will even out and queues' will come down. ALso, read the recent news and they are aware and will be raising server caps slowly.

the answerto this isnt " open more servers" trust me thats a bad idea.

I wholeheartedly agree, that's another way of messing stuff up. Creating a multitude of servers and then having to merge left and right (WAR anyone?).

More servers are only needed when EVERY server is Heavy/Full. As long as there are standard/light ones all is well.

One way could perhaps be pop-up screens on the logging screen which would in big letters and easy words, and server names in flashy big colours, direct people to more lightly populated servers.:p

Human nature says otherwise. Prohibition sometimes works better than subtle hinting.

Its the new guys joing I blame. Though this night/day there was nothing to indicate the already high population. Thats sort of biowares fault.

/sign

I think the psycology of new players trying to join Full and queued servers is the fact that at least in a few weeks, that server might still be active.

Edited by BBQpizza

You are correct this is a VERY BAD idea. Once theis hype is over the game will even out and queues' will come down. ALso, read the recent news and they are aware and will be raising server caps slowly.

Not take care of the issue in early acess says it all about BW and rasing the caps slowly....just a big joke. Thats whats going on :eek:

Free migration sounds good... when one has more than one server to chose.

Having only on rp-pvp server (EU) kinda kills the idea of transfers for me.

BTW, I have chars in 3 servers, 3 of those are now in queues, being the shortest one of 40 mins.

:\

Very frustrating when like myself you can only play for 3-4 hours a day, which after queuing leaves me about an hour to play. Luckily i'm off work over x-mas so should be able to get some time in game. I can put up with it for now but i have to say if the queues aren't down by the time my 1st sub is due i will almost certainly cancel.