What ever happened to the Cathar?

Okamion

It was announced a good few months ago that Cathar will become a playable species.

What ever happened to that?

They talked about it in the livestream not too long ago, to keep it short and sweet. It will take months for it to be implemented.

I thought they were coming with Makeb? I could be wrong. Utterly, utterly wrong.

That is what they strongly led you to believe after leading you on for 1.4, then dropping it right off the face on the earth and entirely stopping any talks about Cathar for months. After all we only have been waiting 7 months up to now.

Being the eternal optimist here, i'm betting them to release on june 4th 2013, just to be able to say they did it in less then 1 year

:cool:

That is what they strongly led you to believe after leading you on for 1.4, then dropping it right off the face on the earth and entirely stopping any talks about Cathar for months. After all we only have been waiting 7 months up to now.

Being the eternal optimist here, i'm betting them to release on june 4th 2013, just to be able to say they did it in less then 1 year

:cool:

There should be a sign on the box of Swtor saying : WARNING may cause loss of hair

Edited by Darth_Exar

They're taking everything that was meant for one patch and spreading it out in pieces so they can claim they're sticking to the "update every six weeks" plan. Cathar will not come with Makeb for this reason. Most of this crap is already done, but we're being forced to wait.

Pretty humorous, if you ask me.

They're taking everything that was meant for one patch and spreading it out in pieces so they can claim they're sticking to the "update every six weeks" plan. Cathar will not come with Makeb for this reason. Most of this crap is already done, but we're being forced to wait.

Pretty humorous, if you ask me.

And you know this to be a fact how?

They talked about it in the livestream not too long ago, to keep it short and sweet. It will take months for it to be implemented.

HAHAHA! It wouldn't be hard at all, you could implement them in your sleep! Considering that all they are are humans. So all of the animation and whatnot is already done.

A minority of people are waiting months for a species that the majority of TOR's player base could care less about. No one wanted or requested Cathar, BioWare did cause it's their game and they are lazy. Edited by DuckKing

A minority of people are waiting months for a species that the majority of TOR's player base could care less about. No one wanted or requested Cathar, BioWare did cause it's their game and they are lazy.

You are so wrong. Many people wanted Cathar. The minority you speak of is actually much, much larger than you want to admit. Cathar were one of the top five most requested species even before the game went live.

You are so wrong. Many people wanted Cathar. The minority you speak of is actually much, much larger than you want to admit. Cathar were one of the top five most requested species even before the game went live.

Really? I need evidence cause honestly I never cared for the Cathar species and built anticipation on BioWares part isn't bothering me. I want a real exotic species to be introduced by BioWare not a reskin furry lookin Zabrak.

Edited by DuckKing

Really? I need evidence cause honestly I never cared for the Cathar species and built anticipation on BioWares part isn't bothering me. I want a real exotic species to be introduced by BioWare not a reskin furry lookin Zabrak.

Seriously bro just use your search-fu and look how many and how big species thread have been since 1 year before the actual game launch and you'll see that Cathar & Togruta have always been all the way up there for wanted in game

A minority of people are waiting months for a species that the majority of TOR's player base could care less about. No one wanted or requested Cathar, BioWare did cause it's their game and they are lazy.

Not sure why I bother quoting this, but it has been requested since Beta.

Last offical word I heard from a dev was the Cathar was still a ways off, since soon is a long time I can only imagine what a ways off must mean..LOL, the truth is the cathar is in rehab with a catnip problem and taking part in a 12 step program..:) Edited by kevlarto

It was announced a good few months ago that Cathar will become a playable species.

What ever happened to that?

This is very simply. The same thing happened to Ancient Hypergates. All that stuff is probably ready, but it's being put on the backburner, so they can include them in 1.7 and call it "new content".