Does a PVP scrapper need any accuracy?

Mindwreck

Seriously, I roll with no accuracy mods and have not noticed any tech attacks missing or being resisted. Unless someone uses an ability like force shroud of course. I understand how accuracy applies to quick shot and flurry of bolts which i rarely use. I just dont know how it applies to tech attacks, if it applies at all in PVP.

Tech and Force attacks have a base 100% accuracy, so you don't miss. What you need accuracy for (at least in PvE, I'm sure in PvP as well) is to lower their defense. Every point over 100% lowers their resistance to your attacks.

If you pull up your tech tab in your character pane it shows that.

Edited by Geseb_Var

Tech and Force attacks have a base 100% accuracy, so you don't miss. What you need accuracy for (at least in PvE, I'm sure in PvP as well) is to lower their defense. Every point over 100% lowers their resistance to your attacks.

If you pull up your tech tab in your character pane it shows that.

I believe the maximum resistance a player character can have is 2% (bar force shroud/resilience), so you would need accuracy 2% to always hit with your Tech attacks in PvP. Virtually all Scrapper attacks are yellow Tech damage, I think only Flurry of Bolts, Quick Shot and Blaster Volley are white Ranged damage, and you'd rarely use these.

Yeah, thats great, reduces resistance. But how much resistance does the average player have in lvl50/PVP is what im trying to get at? And if a person does have, for example, a 10% resistance to a certain kind of attack, does this mean they have a 10% chance to completely negate the attack, or does it reduce the amount of damage of the attack by 10% always.

Yeah, thats great, reduces resistance. But how much resistance does the average player have in lvl50/PVP is what im trying to get at? And if a person does have, for example, a 10% resistance to a certain kind of attack, does this mean they have a 10% chance to completely negate the attack, or does it reduce the amount of damage of the attack by 10% always.

Wainamoinen already answered your question. the max resistance anyone can have is 2%, and that's only in the second tier of concealment ops / scrappers anyway...

to follow up with your other question, resistance works in the exact same way as defense. when an attack is resisted, it does no damage.

so a 2% resistance isn't a 2% reduction in damage, it's a 2% chance to negate all the damage of a single attack.

with max companion affection, you'll have a 1% base accuracy boost anyway, so any accuracy you put into your build will only be trying to circumvent a 1% chance for scrappers / concealment ops to resist your attacks.