Rage DPS for PVE?

MantorokTwelve

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the higher 1916 parse, you hold onto a 51% crit chance on Impale, which ends up accounting for it being nearly 100 dps higher than the other one which has a 30% chance. So yes, that one is more "lucky" than the other. 1800 is still very good nonetheless, congrats; you do know how to play the class.

For an example, pre 63 gear my mara in carnage http://www.torparse.com/a/35275 (the lower two dps of the mara pve specs) I got up to 2007 dps, (This is unedited, edited its actually at 2042). It was a lucky parse, with my bleed critting for 35% despite having a barely 30% force crit.

i also pull 2150+ on my mara so i know what maras pull. but thats lucky too i'd assume even though its 8-10 like my jugg.. 2-10 are server lagg. eh. who knows. i guess life is luck. its luck my computer didnt break down while typing this. its luck that my keyboard didnt disintegrate from un-known reasons.

#CuteMaraParse

Edited by Okuy

Just because i crit 46% of the time doesnt mean thats my crit chance, that means i know how to keep my buffs up and use forcescream correctly.

Juggs are simply harder to get DPS out of in general then mara's. lets not turn this into a mara/jugg/epeen thread tho guys. the parses are definitely appreciated...the more jugg parses we can get out there, the better.

back to original topic. what I see overall, is that both specs are viable for solo play. In a game like ToR, it doesn't matter which class you pick as long as you can carry your weight. and any class that can do 1600-1800 is carrying their weight at this point.

which both rage and vengeance can do. So pick your poison guys...they both end up killing in the end. Rage is a mixed bag for me..i like using it on occasion, but i shortly go back to Vengeance for it's smoother, more stable rotation.

Juggs are simply harder to get DPS out of in general then mara's. lets not turn this into a mara/jugg/epeen thread tho guys. the parses are definitely appreciated...the more jugg parses we can get out there, the better.

back to original topic. what I see overall, is that both specs are viable for solo play. In a game like ToR, it doesn't matter which class you pick as long as you can carry your weight. and any class that can do 1600-1800 is carrying their weight at this point.

which both rage and vengeance can do. So pick your poison guys...they both end up killing in the end. Rage is a mixed bag for me..i like using it on occasion, but i shortly go back to Vengeance for it's smoother, more stable rotation.

Vengeance correctly played is neither smooth nor stable. Remember that, vengeance is more fun and challenging.

I get over 1900 8 times out of 10.

damn, nice. I've been hovering at 1800 only, guess I still gotta tweak my rotation a bit. Do you keep shatter on CD to proc ravage or do you let the bleed run like some of the other threads here are discussing?

Haha, Mauul. Post your 2150+ mara. No armor debuffs ;)

Pre 63 gear, without editing the parse, I was the only mara to break 2k dps (at 6 minutes, and the only one to have posted it and confirmed it) with no armor debuff. Obviously after 63 gear, much more have reached that threshold, with many now achieving 2.1k/2.2k and occasional lucky parses reaching 2.3/2.4k

Its amazing how cocky you are. It truly is. 'best dps jugg game wide' LOL. I'm sure there is some mara out there that does just as much as me if not more. I don't need to declare that I'm the best just because I hold my current server's record for the highest dummy parse. Chill out. Its a game.

Haha, Mauul. Post your 2150+ mara. No armor debuffs ;)

Pre 63 gear, without editing the parse, I was the only mara to break 2k dps (at 6 minutes, and the only one to have posted it and confirmed it) with no armor debuff. Obviously after 63 gear, much more have reached that threshold, with many now achieving 2.1k/2.2k and occasional lucky parses reaching 2.3/2.4k

Its amazing how cocky you are. It truly is. 'best dps jugg game wide' LOL. I'm sure there is some mara out there that does just as much as me if not more. I don't need to declare that I'm the best just because I hold my current server's record for the highest dummy parse. Chill out. Its a game.

Mauull the merciless here, guy whos always on your mind. Just would like to inform you, you're far from only confirmed 2k parse. 2006 dps is laughable on a mara even in 61s, means your practically average its cute. im glad too see you think youre good though. search vexo or keelling. those be my dummy and ops parses. also have fun when you see how much more i pull then you :). please post more of your torparses i'll be sure to care when barely breaching 2k is a challenge again. am wondering are you in columi gear? no matter its just a game.

#GoodGame

Sincerely, Mauull the merciless

I've been using rage in pve a lot more recently too and am definitely parsing higher (maybe my veng rotation is off, i dont know). The myth of "rage is only good for aoe'ing trash" is totally out the window now, I'm able to out-dps our sniper+mara's on single-target boss fights with rage.

Dire - if you dont mind, since you've cleared so much with rage - wanna pick your brain a little lol. Is the bug where datacores dont take aoe dmg in operator IX fixed yet? If not are you respec'ing for that fight at all? And are you sporting double EWH relics? Or u throwing DG's in there too?

Lastly, from what I can tell, force crush actually ends up top3 if not 2nd in our overall dmg so in terms of shockwave generation I'm assuming that has highest priority. What about enrage vs choke?

Hey... sorry it took so long to respond. I've been in a drunk tank for 3 days...

Bugs with Datacores and the like still exist (also the giant air portal ****** thing. The way to fix it for good is out of my league but I know what works for me is making sure you don't stand on top of or even in front of the datacore. Be at max-melee range and they will hit.

Enrage vs Choke... It really depends are where I am in the fight or what mechanic is happening. If i need to get smash off NOW and have no top 4 ability off cooldown then I will enrage smash. If all my timers are going and I have only vicious slash or Sundering to do then i will do a choke. Don't be afraid to use Enrage even with 6+ rage if the timing works out. There are a lot of mechanics that 'require' you to get your smash off asap so its better to use enrage then to risk losing significant dps.

Mauull the merciless here, guy whos always on your mind. Just would like to inform you, you're far from only confirmed 2k parse. 2006 dps is laughable on a mara even in 61s, means your practically average its cute. im glad too see you think youre good though. search vexo or keelling. those be my dummy and ops parses. also have fun when you see how much more i pull then you :). please post more of your torparses i'll be sure to care when barely breaching 2k is a challenge again. am wondering are you in columi gear? no matter its just a game.

#GoodGame

Sincerely, Mauull the merciless

Vexo and you are two different people.

Here's an 11 and a half minute long parse, nearly twice as long as any of yours. 2114 dps. If you can maintain even 2k after more than 8 minutes, I will congratulate you. Considering that if you cut the parse down to 6 minutes, I actually maintain just over 2.2k.... Whoops, guess this parse is technically the highest parse for any Mara on any of the server DPS leader boards. But, I forgot. You're better.

And that good sir, is how to GG the try hard.

http://www.torparse.com/a/84995/time/1356825129/1356825817

Edited by IAmViiOLENT

Yeah with bloodthirst, nice try tho

Doing the math, using BThirst over that long of a period twice comes out to it accounting for less than a 10 DPS increase over the entire parse. Considering that every mara ever parses with two Bthirsts, I'd say its fair. I'm not comparing this parse vs a juggernaut, I'm comparing it against maul saying he owns vexo and keeling (two of the higher parsing Maras/Sents).

Edited by IAmViiOLENT

Vexo and you are two different people.

Here's an 11 and a half minute long parse, nearly twice as long as any of yours. 2114 dps. If you can maintain even 2k after more than 8 minutes, I will congratulate you. Considering that if you cut the parse down to 6 minutes, I actually maintain just over 2.2k.... Whoops, guess this parse is technically the highest parse for any Mara on any of the server DPS leader boards. But, I forgot. You're better.

And that good sir, is how to GG the try hard.

http://www.torparse.com/a/84995/time/1356825129/1356825817

Lol adrenal and bt.. at the start. adorable. im glad you can pull decent numbers with an added 800+ power. lmao. please learn me to GG.

Doing the math, using BThirst over that long of a period twice comes out to it accounting for less than a 10 DPS increase over the entire parse. Considering that every mara ever parses with two Bthirsts, I'd say its fair. I'm not comparing this parse vs a juggernaut, I'm comparing it against maul saying he owns vexo and keeling (two of the higher parsing Maras/Sents).

i dont own them both. just me an vexo parse the same. we both taught eachother the rotation and tweaks we made. Keelling i do own.

#LearnMeTooGG

Edited by Okuy

http://www.torparse.com/a/85551/6 Look at both of the end un edited products. Then learn me to GG. (plus no matter how you edit them. to be exact time or anything. still won.)

#GG

Edited by Okuy

http://www.torparse.com/a/85551/6 Look at both of the end un edited products. Then learn me to GG. (plus no matter how you edit them. to be exact time or anything. still won.)

#GG

bro you cant even say anything, cuz you use adrenals too on your juggernaut, i checked out all your 1900+ parses. Which is fine, idc, cuz almost everyone uses adrenals, and everyone can access to them. BT however, is only accessed by marauders, but in a REAL raid, everyone benefits from it. Where on an ops dummy, only the marauder parsing benefits. Take out the BT, than we can talk about who has the biggest E-*****

bro you cant even say anything, cuz you use adrenals too on your juggernaut, i checked out all your 1900+ parses. Which is fine, idc, cuz almost everyone uses adrenals, and everyone can access to them. BT however, is only accessed by marauders, but in a REAL raid, everyone benefits from it. Where on an ops dummy, only the marauder parsing benefits. Take out the BT, than we can talk about who has the biggest E-*****

Adrenal and bt. you know how big that is.. and still your point is. any other jugg can use adrenals. probably adrenals and bt and still parse lower then me..

#WutIsThis

Lol your already using adrenals and for all we know you could be bringing a marauder to the ops dummy and using his BT.

Btw dot do hash tags anymore

BT Shows in the log whether youre the user or not.

#Hashtags #DroppedSomeKnowledge #IfIUsedBTMyParsesWouldBeWayHigherOnMauull

Ok chillax sassy Sally, I believe you

Mauull the merciless here, guy whos always on your mind. Here to inform you, No reason to be upset that im the highest parsing jugg around, i just know how to read my skills and understand what stats are needed for those certain skills, Sorry Sassy Sally was it? I must've forgot to post what my name was, but none the less here is my name. i will not forget again.

#SincerelyMauullTheMerciless

Wow way to ruin this thread.

QFT. If people want to help and go so far as to help teach struggling Juggs/Guards what specifically they did to achieve results thats great. Kudos to them for being a big enough person to not only achieve that success but be selfless enough to share.

If someone wants to post their dummy dps records and doesn't want to share those specifics on their hard earned information I've got no problem with that either as long as they upload the proof. High legitately earned parses are something we should all strive for.

However if you just want to derail constructive talk for the sake of epeening then it sounds like a case of #mommyanddaddyignoredme. So can we l just leave that out of these threads already?

Edited by ArenCordial