Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Why are Cartel Weapons Mainhand Only?

Bugattiboy

Why are the cool artifact quality cartel market weapons mainhand only?

It's discriminating against Sentinels, Gunslingers, Marauders, and Mercenaries. Or in other words, the advanced classes that use an offhand weapon. It's not like I wouldn't pay money for them. I'd gladly pay money to have 2 Tythonian Force-Master Lightsabers for my sentinel and 2 cartel blaster pistols for my gunslinger. I have still yet to make a Marauder and Mercenary, but I would still definitely buy the weapons for them as well.

You don't have to make them directly available. You can keep them as they are; a pack item. All that's required is changing them so they have offhand support as well.

Why are the cool artifact quality cartel market weapons mainhand only?

It's discriminating against Sentinels, Gunslingers, Marauders, and Mercenaries. Or in other words, the advanced classes that use an offhand weapon. It's not like I wouldn't pay money for them. I'd gladly pay money to have 2 Tythonian Force-Master Lightsabers for my sentinel and 2 cartel blaster pistols for my gunslinger. I have still yet to make a Marauder and Mercenary, but I would still definitely buy the weapons for them as well.

You don't have to make them directly available. You can keep them as they are; a pack item. All that's required is changing them so they have offhand support as well.

Them axes are not mainhand only. ;) Which by the way are the only weapons you can directly purchase from the cartel market atm.

As for the other weapons that drop from the packs.... probably since they are rare they wanted them spread around more at first... ie: more players are able to use limited quantity if they are main hand only. But I agree, it would be nice if they update them to be main/off hand weapons at some point.

It's not like the Cartel Market won't be changing. There was an event where the only weapon you could get was a sniper rifle. You're not just going to get everything you want all the time. They'll add some offhand stuff eventually, I'm sure.

Take out the mods and put them in another shell. From what I've seen on the cartel store, all gear is moddable :)

I bought the pistol last night. The only thing in it was the color crystal. There were no mods to take out.

There were several for sale. I would have happily bought two for my Gunslinger to have matching pistols. :/

It's not like the Cartel Market won't be changing. There was an event where the only weapon you could get was a sniper rifle. You're not just going to get everything you want all the time. They'll add some offhand stuff eventually, I'm sure.

Which makes me think if the decision makers are high half the time. You can legacy transfer barrels but not hilts. Why? No answer, just a dopey look

I'd say it's so they can include them in a future update, rather than over saturate the market with gear right from the start.

I'd like to see more original looking equipment, at more reasonable prices, than there is now, along with the offhands. Recoloring the same old poo doesn't make it new. It's still poo.

I'm sure there's a lot of stuff slated for the Market. It would be nice to see some sort of timetable like some other games give, but you can't have everything. :D

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.