Skill Mentor - Skill reset prices? anyone please explain

totofrito

I keep on resetting my points because i love to try different builds, different skills and so on.

Does anyone know if there is a set price to switch skills after a certain amount ? is it going to keep on going up till what?

this is my 4th reset and it now cost 5K.

i think my 1st change was free

2nd was like 540

3rd change was 1,450K

the 4th will be 4,925K.

again, is there like a set price.

im not even level 25 yet and i will be playing alot with different skills and points distribution. i mean, i have three trees and lots of combination to make. i hope there is a small fee for doing this and not something that will hurt my pocket.

thank you

Edited by totofrito

It might be based on level and the # of skill points you have. I know in Rift it got more expensive the higher level you were.

Edit - I meant that in addition to the # of times you reset, sorry.

Edited by YpaWinz

The way it worked in beta is that it was an exponentially escalating cost that reset after a certain amount of time. I'm sure that the actual pricing and reset times have changed so any details I could give based on beta are obsolete, but I think the basic premise is the same.

So, basically, to answer your question, if you continue respeccing on a whim, it is going to cost you lots of credits. You probably want to cool it for awhile until the price resets.

Why do you need to reset your skills? It's a cookie cutter skill system, look up what is best, spec that, never have to change again.

Why do people make posts like these. Classes have the ability to play different roles, that's why we need to change. PvE and PvP require completely different things. I'm combat medic for PvP, but if my group needs a healer for heroics or ops, I'd like to be able to switch to help out without going bankrupt, especially since BW said they didn't want to make it difficult to change within your AC.