Just me?

Jedipadiwan

Okay so before I bought my subscription I made sure my comp could run the game,,, check min requirements and I check all and somewhat above:

Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+

Intel core 2 duo 2.13 ghz processor

2 gigs ram

Asus motherboard A58-B (I think)

And I still get random freeze/crash's, the most random times I will just freeze ingame and have to Ctrl + alt + del to get out. I can run the game pretty good with decent settings with good fps, so what's going on?

You are just on the line for adequate power to run the game. But I have a much faster system than yours(not trying to be a big shot)and I get the same problems. For me the drop to desktop is the main one that happens every play time, usually starts about 15 minutes into my session.

Sorry I can't help you, as I'm in the same boat as you Pi...:)

Your CPU and ram specs are pretty low for this game; it's a cpu eater more so than graphics card. Didn't find that mobo online so don't know what it's story is, but it's likely a bottleneck too if running a core 2 duo.

A buddy of mine is running similar to yours, has freezes/crashes also.

Edited by Joesixxpack

Okay so before I bought my subscription I made sure my comp could run the game,,, check min requirements and I check all and somewhat above:

Nvidia Geforce 9800 GTX+

Intel core 2 duo 2.13 ghz processor

2 gigs ram

Asus motherboard A58-B (I think)

And I still get random freeze/crash's, the most random times I will just freeze ingame and have to Ctrl + alt + del to get out. I can run the game pretty good with decent settings with good fps, so what's going on?

Are you on a 32 bit system as well (I suspect you are with only 2gigs of ram). If so the combo of your equipment and OS is gonna be the problem. The Hero Engine ToR uses isn't very friendly to older setups.

Not sure the issues you describe are tied to computer specs. With low hardware the game shouldn't crash or freeze it should simply crawl down to a snails pace and have FPS issues.

Like Joe said this game can be very CPU intensive, i have a old but more recent pc than yours (Core2Quad 2,5ghz, 4Gb RAM) and i also have problems with FPS on low-medium settings despite my reasonable grafics card (asus gtx560ti top dcII).

yeah you need more power to be stable

im on an i7 with 16 gb of ram and I get issues from time to time.

I think we were both in the same boat. I have a i7, 16GB Ram and an average high end graphics card I can't recall right now and then I went and did that whole SWTOR Unleashed thing this weekend and now I can run on Max settings with AA at high (that always dropped my frames by 30 for me). But now I'm usually at at least 60 fps (45-50 fps when hanging around a crowded GTN node at the fleet for example).

... if that's what you meant by issues. I would highly recommend it.

Solutions:

1 - overclock your CPU to around 2.6, 2.7 ghz, you can reach that value in BIOS without any voltage tampering or additional cooling and the difference in performance will be noticed immediately.

2 - buy a stick of additional 2 gb RAM, it costs around 10$ tops and it will also bring huge improvement to your system overall, in this particular case installing 64-bit Windows 7 is a necessity in order to utilize the additional RAM.