HK-51 Gear and Skills

gumbydpl

So I just picked him up on my Lv 1 Warrior. It seems like some of his skills do not work (assassinate). Also I thought that all his gear was going to adapt to the correct level, but he is in all lv 50, which can not be used. Which brings up a good question, if he can not use his rifle, what is he using to shoot people with?

Also if I have to gear him myself, does he use Aim or Cunning, his gear has both....

And do I have to get him a weapon he can actually use before he will use all of his skills?

Thank you.

So I just picked him up on my Lv 1 Warrior. It seems like some of his skills do not work (assassinate). Also I thought that all his gear was going to adapt to the correct level, but he is in all lv 50, which can not be used. Which brings up a good question, if he can not use his rifle, what is he using to shoot people with?

Also if I have to gear him myself, does he use Aim or Cunning, his gear has both....

And do I have to get him a weapon he can actually use before he will use all of his skills?

Thank you.

He can use both stats, Cunning and Aim, from what I understand, maxing one will not benefit his over all rating. It sounds like it's good to use both stats with in a approximant range of one another.

Assassinate is a higher level skill, much like your other characters, and yourself, you do not get all your skills at level 1, although you maybe able to see his skills they will be unusable until you reach the appropriate level.

As far as his gear, since its all 50 and appears not to adapt to your current level, I would assume that you will need to gear him in the same fashion you would with any companion, but in HK's case, once you hit 50 you have a gear companion.

HK-51 is different from other characters and companions in that Aim and Cunning will give him same benefits as they will both equally benefit both his ranged and tech abilities.

Both stats will give ranged bonus damage, ranged critical chance, tech bonus damage, tech critical chance.

However since the critical chance from main stats is subject to diminishing returns so that the higher you get any one stat any further increases to crit chance will be smaller. However crit chance gained from different stats do not diminish eachother.

So in order to maximize his crit chance, you will get higher crit chance by equipping him with 50/50 as in half his gear with aim and half with cunning mods trying to get both stats to be about equal to minimize the effects of diminishing returns.

All this of course applies only to HK-51. It does not really work the same way for other any other companion or player character.

All this of course applies only to HK-51. It does not really work the same way for other any other companion or player character.

Qyzen Fess. Aim and Strength. Also, I was under the impression that diminishing returns (like in the illustrated example of crit) were based more around the rating and not the stat values that make up the rating. Like, for example, I was under the impression that after a certain crit rating, the % chance increase diminished, so instead of 1% for every X crit rating it becomes 0.5% increase for every X crit rating (or 1% for every Y crit rating, where Y is larger than X... just another way of looking at the same thing.) If that's the case, it wouldn't matter which stat you stacked or how high, since the stat itself isn't the diminishing factor.