Kephess video guide

I thought i would share my video guide for nim kephess 8man. We were the 1st US guild to kill him. I made this for my guild, so i only cover how we do it based on our raid comp. I know there are several way to tackle this encounter. I hope it can help people still working on him. I also dont cover all the mechanics, only the new additions to nim as i assume everyone has a working understanding of him on HM.

Our raid comp is:

2 powertech tanks

2 sorc healers

2 maras

leth sniper

hybrid sorc

Edited by rphebus
added information

We're roughly following your raid approach but we have 1 sent, 1 slinger and 2 commandos.

I'm one of the commandos, out with the sent collecting warriors with one healer, if we can get them close enough together I can aoe the crap out of them which is really nice. Using what we have.

Got past pulsars twice now but losing to small things.

Best run was 7k health left on walker when he got up, lost a tank to a bad taunt just before walker was bombed :(

We'll have him in the reset now :)

Edited by Gyronamics

We have both healers stand in front of the walker. They both drop reviv behind the walker then just avoid saturation fire. This lets the healer assigned to healing the 2 tanks assist the healer on the dps doing warriors.

Here's a general diagram i made outlining how we handle that phase. The only real change is our healers stand more towards the walker's left foot as opposed to directly in front of him.

Kephess Trechcutter diagram

I bet commandos do help a lot there. We lose a mara every once in a while if he's getting smacked by a warrior (those dudes hurt) and then the walker shoots them. And if you notice the walker shots seem to have a 50% crit rate on them.

If you can consistently get through the trenchcutter phase though, all you guys really have left is making it to the 60% transition. Good luck.

Here's the

if interested. Not too much cut out, but could come in handy if you're looking for HP checks on kephess when he comes out. Mainly after the walker goes down, you really only want him to jump twice before gift of the masters. We had some issues on him if we let him get the 3rd jump off it since we'd enter the transition with a tank still bleeding from the debuff. It ended about as well as you'd think. Edited by rphebus

We roughly do that.

First AOE is on the front of the walker so 2+1 healer go out to the side, the warrior healer grabs the other warrior for the sent to target faster (because hes at the walker dpsing when they spawn)

Pack healer stands by walker not in front at first because of aoe.

Then mid for second pack because second aoe will land where first pack spawned. Pack is taunted to walker while we grab warriors again.

Then third pack spawns and can't recall what the others do but the pack goes behind walker while the warriors seem obsessed with our pack healer who kites them about a bit til we can kill them.

We then save one Trandoshan and run to door to heal up while walker AOEs mid. Gank the Trandoshan when ready and off to pulsars :)

Here's our progress :D

Edited by Gyronamics

Your attempt was really solid. Kephess did kind of screw you guys though by landing, and then jumping 6 seconds later. So you had to do a tank swap right as the bomber was coming out, weird. I dont know what would cause that.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.