Sith Warrior ability bloat

MouseNoFour

Honestly, I understand what the OP is talking about it, most other people in this thread are just being elitest douchebags... You'll get used to it OP, when I had my Sentinel it got a bit over-whelming until I learned to prioratize which abilities should be used in each situation. It does get very overwhelming at times, but you get used to it, if you'd like a class with less abilities, you should roll a Juggernaut / Guardian, contrary to what other's say, their DPS is 100% viable, they just don't come into their own until level 30, and most people don't want to wait... but if you're patient you'd be suprised just how good the Guardian / Juggernaut Melee DPS spec is.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Key binding was the trick for me. I use my mouse for all my movement, for my abilities I use almost 4 bars. I found them by placing my left hand on the left side of the key board. I then made groups from how my hand sits there. By doing this I have a bunch of keys that are easy to reach. It is a play style different from my alts, but it helps with rotation and reaction. I do focus on my abilities bars but I can also get in the grove and know whats gonna be on CD and what to use. I did enjoy leveling but the rotation got better as I got higher up.

What throws me off is on my agent is when you crouch behind something you get that new bar. I just key bound around that issue to.

So OP try to find a key bind, and look up rotations for Juggs. I have used noxxic and a few others and found what works for me. But I have many keys bound so I can take advantage of all my abilities from these rotations. I have a core of abilities and then I have those I can add for fun or for those Sugar Honey Ice Tea moments at my finger tips.

So I just kept bashing buttons till it makes sense and works.

Seriously, some people need to chill.. a guy has posted that he spends most of his gameplay on watching cooldowns and suddenly he's became a noob with no skills complaining about jk/sw.. ***? This community isngetting worse and worse each day..

On the subject - yes, you actualy have a point. I also had to pay a close attention to my quickbars and cds, especialy procs as a vig/veng and blade storm/shout when i was playing as a tank. But hyou eventualy get used to it and can either feel or predict when a certain skill is off cooldown, it just takes lots of time spent playing and a good keybindig. For instance, always use same type of abilities on same keybinds, for example ctrl+1 is saber ward on jk and "that absorb ability which name i forgot" on scoundrel. Also a good idea is to use torassistant which can notify you about an ability coming off of cd with sound.

Its not only sw and jk, its the game design which forces you to watch yournquickbars instead whats acualy happening on the screen. Take guild wars 2 for example, where all abilities are intuitive and you actualy dont have to pay attention to your quickbar (yes theres only one) at all. Im not a huge fan of gw2 but it certainly does make it fun to play the game instead of playing thd piano ;)

Seriously, some people need to chill.. a guy has posted that he spends most of his gameplay on watching cooldowns and suddenly he's became a noob with no skills complaining about jk/sw.. ***? This community isngetting worse and worse each day..

I can't argue that forums can be bad places. Except....I think the real issue here is the OP's stance, not the actual topic. the sheer fact that the OP didn't ask about "how to get his rotation down or get better at the class", but instead said it was a class issue will raise peoples shackles. I have no problems with the class. But when I started I did...

My first toon in the game was a guard. I love the in your face combat style, and it was a classic "jedi" archetype to me. so I dug in...and after 12 levels stopped, and started a consular. Why? because it felt lopsided and clunky. the early levels of consular were much smoother, and more enjoyable. And I was learning the game mechanics, so i wanted an easier class to start with.

But I came back once my consular was in the 40's, and tried the guard again. though it was actually a juggernaut, the mirror of the guard. I enjoyed the battle animations more on the juggernaut. And I pressed through the more difficult learning curve this time. I researched and studied up on the class a bit (didn't take much, but took personal action, which many people seem to have a hard time doing), and once i got past the hump, what I found was a very interesting and challenging class that was fun to play. and to this day the juggernaut is till my favorite class of all time, and none of the others are as interesting.

and it seems like the OP didn't bother trying to do the same thing I did. they just came into the forums and griped about it. nothing about asking how to improve themselves (which, if you notice, I tried to do a bit in my previous post here), nothing about how end game players get this class to work. it wasn't about how to improve, it was about venting, and redirecting the responsibility of learning about the class and just blaming the class design.

So i have no issues with people being abrupt....the OP was. most of the people in this thread probably would have responded with help if the OP has asked for it....but they didn't.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.