Little help with my Dark Lord :)

Valonus

Well, Im not "Newish" as far as playing the game, I do have a level 34 jugg. Moving on though, haha, I am still new, and would love some friendly advice for my Dark Lord of the Sith, my Marauder. :) I love the story, love the warrior itself, however, I keep hearing how HARD he is to play. I mean, yes he does seem to have a lot of abilities, so, that is a little annoying to manage without a Naga mouse or something which I dont have.

Point is, any tips for leveling my lord of destruction, I know, people use Quin, but, I'd rather use someone else as well, as he gets annoying sometimes.

Also, is this going to be more of a headache to learn his power, because apparently, Powertechs are easy mode compared to us, but is it worth the learning curve? Help a new sith out :(

I play a Mara, currently only Level 30 though. I didn't have any problem with managing abilities, I just dropped a few that I Didn't find useful.

As for a non-Quinn companion, I really don't know, I suppose you could use the droid if you still want healing, but the first time I used it(Technically it was on my Trooper, but I assume both droids are similar)he just kept running up to stuff, punching it, and dying.

I used Vette until I got Quinn, and that worked out fairly well, but a DPS companion won't really help much as a Mara, since you're already going to be doing monstrous damage.

EDIT: Also, are you F2P, preferred, or subbed? Even just one extra quickbar is great because you can put your speeder, self-heal, buff, quick travel, etc. on it to free up space on your main two

Edited by Elementlord
More info

As a Marauder myself (With Sub) i reccomend to midigate some difficulty in playing for 80$ you can buy yourself a Steel Series Merc Stealth (google it and look at pictures of it)

Second, What spec do you plan on playing in end game? Anni and Carnage are 2 commonplace Specs. Carnage is useless till level 30 so dont use it till then. Anni is great at lvl 20 so i reccomend using it till you think you want to try out carnage. Rage is not usefull til around 30, Rage is more AOE focused so if you like seeing big numbers off of your AOE's its the spec for you.

I used Vette all the way to 50 with my Marauder. Brought Quinn along to the last fight and on some dailies just 'cause his being boring doesn't really matter on dailies and I wanted him to watch me kill the old man.

It's honestly not that hard. Just use your accuracy debuff and defensive buffs more or less constantly and you're basically unhittable while tearing things apart.