The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

(VG PvP) who do you hunt?

Xzaver

New VG here sort of. My question, as a VG what class do you look to kill in WZ? On my sent/watchman I look to kill healers an such.

So what class should I be looking to take down?

Atm I'm assault spec but will be going tactics once I get more points to spend.

Thx in advanced!

Squishy people work best. For Tactics you want to look at commandos since they have no straight damage reduction and like all your damage goes through armor. Sages will almost always (or should almost always) have their 10% elemental damage reduction up, all other classes are either Sage, or have good damage reduction.

I kill anyone not on my team :)

If you're a tank, don't kill. Just guard, taunt, and harass

This. Scoring kills as a tank in PvP is secondary. Use harpoon to peel healers out of a group for your team to gank or drop them in a slime pit and stun 'em. Use storm to get the drop on ball carriers (you can storm to any elevation or location as long as you have line of sight). Be a general pain in the *** and you'll start getting noticed. And isn't that what tanking is all about? Guard your healer and, provided you do your job, they will usually give you the love you need to put numbers on the board and rack up medals. Your AoE taunt works wonders for those massive group hugs in the middle field and generally keeping taunt on cooldown could easily tip a close game in your favor.

as tactics, i like trolling healers. keep interrupting them and keeping them busy healing themselves. a healer not healing anyone else is a useless healer.

if no heals to take down, i keep myself busy by helping burning down targets and keeping my taunts and interrupts on CD.