Best Relics for PvE Tanking?

Aikon

Hello,

I'm a well geared tanking guardian (all Black Hole/Campaign gear, minus my lightsaber which is War Hero) and was wondering what are peoples opinions about what are the best relics to use for PvE tanking, and why. Currently, I'm experimenting with two War Hero (WH) relics and one WH relic with the Dread Guard shield amplification relic. I've heard both of people using both, but I'm wondering if one is better than the other.

My shields are at 50/50 already, but with two WH relics, I can get my Defense Chance up to 27-28%, and that's without Blade Barricade which adds 3% when active.

What do you guys think? Have you found it more beneficial to use two WH relics? Or one WH relic and the Dread Guard/Campaign shield amplification relic?

Thanks in advance.

I'm still playing around with different combinations, but right now I have three relics that I rotate depending on the fight: WH defense relic, proc absorb relic, click shield/absorb relic.

I tend to leave the WH defense relic in place and swap out the proc/click relic for different situations. I use the proc relic for most fights, but I like the click relic for those fights where I know I'm going to get heavy bursts of mitigatable damage.

So how do you guys generally get your War Hero relics as PvEers? Run warzones in your Rakata and get rofltstomped until you get enough pity tokens from losing, or get guildies to carry you, or just plan from lvl 10 and teach yourself to be uber at PvP on the way up?

I use a WH Defence Relic and a Shield/Absorb clicky.

I don't like the Absorb proc relic because it gives great numbers but it doesn't add any utility and for 2/3 of the fight it does nothing. This is exaggerated when tanking Zorn and Stormcaller where it does absolutely nothing but using the clicky when on Firebrand/Toth makes it more valuable.

In terms of getting my WH relic, I PvPed in my BH tanking gear farming 8+ medals a match. Getting 4 from Guard and Taunt helps. I also ran about 8 friendly ranked matches that were being organised on fleet. That really helped.

So how do you guys generally get your War Hero relics as PvEers? Run warzones in your Rakata and get rofltstomped until you get enough pity tokens from losing, or get guildies to carry you, or just plan from lvl 10 and teach yourself to be uber at PvP on the way up?

I'm in to PvP more than the average person, but not hardcore, so the relics were super easy for me to obtain. In fact, the relics were the last thing I obtained because I went for the main-hand, off-hand, and all the armorings first.

its down to your gear choises , but i cary around 3 relics and interchange them for difrent encounters , 2 defence war hero , and 1 x Hazmat proc relic if u want me to go in to more detail in why feel free to contact me in game or by mail

kanre out

gm of friendly fire

I hate PVP but the PVP Defense Relics are simply too BiS to ignorefor a PVE'er. So I have to bear with PVP'ing in Warzones with my ****** BM / Recruit MK-2 gear (I even augmented BM parts) until I get what I want and I never look back.