ninja looters

ravenleonova

left warcraft main reason for the ninja looters but as of today ive been in flashpoints with ninja looters all day needing on this they dont need or have any usage for is bioware planning to put on a loot specfic addon to make sure that the ppl who need it most can get it via bigger priority than those who dont happend to me 3 times today off ppl who dont ware the same armor i got :mad:

just try and ask them to not need on things they dont actaully need I haven't much of an issue from people after asking that.

Actually, it's ETIQUETTE.

Choosing 'need' on loot is NOT being a loot ninja and it's not a real reason to spaz out over, there's plenty of loot and if you get someone 'needing' stuff then just 'need' it yourself. You can figure it out after the first few loot drops if someone is going to be doing that so just do it yourself, problem solved.

I just love how so many of you are basically saying, Do unto others as they do unto you. That's just wrong.

Talk to your group. Make sure everyone is on the same page with the loot. Have a little patience. Take some time to communicate and then if someone continues to be a "ninja", vote to boot them or just quit the group and find another.

And always Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Don't be a ******* just because they are.

:cool:

And always Do unto others as you would have them do unto you. Don't be a ******* just because they are.

Actually, from a practical standpoint...if you PUG and it's not an 8/16 man instance... might as well just all agree that loot is FFA and be done with it. Everyone rolls, and you win some you lose some. All the drama can then be set aside and just play.

If it's 8/16 instance there should be an agreed leader and agreed loot rules. And if you do not agree on loot rules up front and abide by them... you get the boot.

Edited by Andryah

Actually, from a practical standpoint...if you PUG and it's not an 8/16 man instance... might as well just all agree that loot is FFA and be done with it. Everyone rolls, and you win some you lose some. All the drama can then be set aside and just play.

If it's 8/16 instance there should be an agreed leader and agreed loot rules. And if you do not agree on loot rules up front and abide by them... you get the boot.

You should be considerate of everyone in any case. It should not depend on what you are doing. That's the problem with the world today. So many people just do whatever they want without considering or caring how it affects others. You shouldn't be encouraging that behavior anywhere ever.

You should be considerate of everyone in any case. It should not depend on what you are doing. That's the problem with the world today. So many people just do whatever they want without considering or caring how it affects others. You shouldn't be encouraging that behavior anywhere ever.

I agree with you. However, MMOs are filled with unsavory individuals who behave badly because they can. So.. again.. from a practical standpoint... mitigate it by keeping things really really simple whenever possible. :)

We had about 400 - 500 pages worth of discussion on this topic about a year ago. At that time the dev's said they were concidering changing the loot rolls by adding a "need for companion" choice and making it so that only those with the primary stat on thier player character could roll an actual "need" ...I guess that never happened eh?

Not so far, but I wish it would.

on The Progenitor, many of us name and shame ninjas (as in those who need on all/valuable loot) on general chat. I think it has been quite effective.

Then add him to ignore and let him know that you are posting his name in the fleet general chat :cool:

After a few times his name appears I guarantee no one will want to be grouping with him :)

just put em on ignore and revel in the thought that they will struggle to get groups ... this is extremely effective if you are a tank or healer, not quite soeffective if youre a dps.

once EA/BIO enable cross-account ignore lists, well then the lil ninja is in serious trouble aint they mwhahahahhahahahahahah.

• 10 months later...
had it happen twice in a row, same FP, 2 different runs with different people. same exact piece of gear. would be far worse at higher lvl, lets say HM FPs, especially for dps. sitting in queue for 15-20 mins just to go another 15 mins through a FP just to get gear taken from you. it isnt right, and all that time wasted.

Why is this even an issue you can get almost a full set of 69s just from doing the quest line on Oricon . You can get 72s with Elite comms which are a dime a dozen , 78s with ultimate comms . A random piece of gear in a flashpoint isn't worth getting all up in arms about . Edited by ProphetX

Why is this even an issue you can get almost a full set of 69s just from doing the quest line on Oricon . You can get 72s with Elite comms which are a dime a dozen , 78s with ultimate comms . A random piece of gear in a flashpoint isn't worth getting all up in arms about .

None of that is relevant as this thread was made a year ago.

Why is this even an issue you can get almost a full set of 69s just from doing the quest line on Oricon . You can get 72s with Elite comms which are a dime a dozen , 78s with ultimate comms . A random piece of gear in a flashpoint isn't worth getting all up in arms about .

I'm pretty excited about the Walking Dead too. Necro'ing a year old thread and posting a contrarian response is just a brilliant way of celebrating that awesome show.

Kudos.

ignore them so you'll never end up with them again.

That is incorrect nowadays. Even if you ignore that player you will be placed together with them in the future.

When BW disabled that feature I dont know, but I was placed w someone on my ignore list just last week I think it was.