Republic side join endgame chat

Draloch

Hey, there may be a fair amount of newer players that are unaware of the existence of endgame chat on republic side.

It's a global channel set up by players that works across the whole server (republic specific). There are alot of people in it and we generally use it to find groups to do endgame stuff and monitor it while we play alts. It's a great way of finding people to fill operations groups and also to see if someone needs your main character for a group while you're leveling an alt.

Endgame chat has been going strong on republic side since the launch of the server, and anyone with a level 50 who wants to get in on operations is welcome to join.

Type "/cjoin endgame" to join the channel.

You have to join on each of your characters to be able to see it on that character.

Once you've joined the channel, you can change the color of it from default yellow by right clicking the general tab of your chat window.

See you in game!

I asked once and was told that it has existed from early on but there are some people who basically turned it into an immature place and so everyone stopped using it at all. Once it wasn't filled with people, the people who were using it to be annoying went back to general so now it's just kind of barren.

I still monitor it when I'm playing imperial though and make sure people on republic know they can possibly reach me there if I'm not responding on republic endgame.

I think part of the reason why republic endgame didn't suffer the same fate is because I was reasonably choosy about advertising it early on. I didn't advertise it in general chat, only whispers to other 50's and I also didn't advertise to people who had character names like "yumadbro"

Back on Harbinger there were a few people who would pop up constantly trying to call out players who had wronged them in some way, but the community generally came together and told them to take it to whispers or general and it wasn't nearly the problem that it might have been. Dalborra has pretty much been great right from the start, which is why I decided to take a chance and advertise a little more publicly here.

I'm hoping that Aussies are just a classier bunch in general than people from my side of the pond.

All my Imperial characters are in the Endgame channel when ever I am on. Don't really play my Republic characters, but they are in there too. Most of the time something is advertised I'm already doing something. Still a good tool though, so hopefully will continue to be used.

• 2 months later...