Level 12 Combat spec

tjallred

I leveled Sentinel as Combat all way up (and I loved it) but now I level Marauder and I spread TPs:

Defensive Forms 1/2, Valor 2/2, Defensive Forms 2/2, Focused Slash 3/3, Dual Wield Mastery 3/3, Swelling Winds 2/2, Insight 3/3, Swift Slash 2/2.

I stay in Shii-Cho form and use Zen asap to restart Centering. Hard to say what you'll like most. :)

I too leveled Combat right out of the gate (go combat or go home :D) and didn't place a point outside the combat tree until level 41.

The first two tiers in the Combat tree really aren't centered around using Ataru form so those 10 points are still useful to you even though you are in Shii-cho form. I always went with Defensive Forms first then combat mastery. In the second tier I took Defensive roll first and then Steadfast. I never had any issues and always felt viable in both lowbie pvp (I always start right at lv 10) and going through the pve motions.

thanks for the reply guys, looks like I will just stick with combat, I guess the reason why I was unsure to start in combat early on was because I was getting destroyed in pvp at like level 10-15, though thats probably because I am used to my other toon which is a sniper, totally different playstyles

None of the specs really shine at such low levels. Combat actually takes a while longer to really start hitting well for Sentinels (kind of like Engineering and Lethality are better at 30+ for Snipers). Until you can get up higher in the tree, Combat is kind of lackluster, but piles out good damage later.

You may take a little time to get warmed up in Combat, but as you get Ataru and a couple skills that support its use, you'll start clicking fine.