Legacy Idea

Scathe

So I was just roaming around through Tatooine trying to work up my Jedi Knight to 50 so I can get a Miraluka on Empire side since I don't have the creds to just outright buy it off of the Legacy thing. And I don't really feel like paying for Cartel Coins to unlock it. Anywho, I had an idea for Legacy.

Looking through the "Species" and "Other" tabs on the Legacy page, it hit me that what could make Legacy actually enjoyable to try and get is a talent point system for the Legacy tree. Now I'm not talking outright abilities that go across the characters in your account, I mean something along the lines of working with what we already have. That being said, here is my idea:

Every 10 Legacy levels, we are given ONE spendable point to use in either the Other or the Species section of the Legacy page. This one point would give us a free unlock to whichever one thing we choose. For example, at Legacy level 10, you are given one point to spend on your Legacy selection. From here, you go into your Legacy page and look through Other and Species and can pick one thing to unlock from either tree without paying credits or cartel coins.

Say at Legacy 10 you want to unlock the Sith Pureblood race, or maybe get a social unlock without going through social runs or even farming the points. You get one point to spend on either choice. So now you unlock the Pureblood for free and that 1 free unlock is gone, you can't spend it anymore, you can't refund it. It's spent, you are done.

This would make choosing what you want to unlock a thought out process. "Do I want the Valor abilities, or do I want to unlock the Rattataki?" And since it is every 10 levels (10/20/30/40/50), you get a limited amount of points, still making it an option to spend cartel coins/credits on whatever you missed with your Legacy unlock without giving a player the option to just breeze through everything for free.

Thoughts, ideas, interjections, criticisms?

It's kind of interesting to be honest, but I would do it a bit different to make people actually "work" for it.

I'd say we could get one "legacy point" to use and bypass whatever we want, every time we complete a storyline chapter from any class.

So you could get 3 legacy points per class! :D

It's kind of interesting to be honest, but I would do it a bit different to make people actually "work" for it.

I'd say we could get one "legacy point" to use and bypass whatever we want, every time we complete a storyline chapter from any class.

So you could get 3 legacy points per class! :D

You sir get a cookie for feedback. The only problem with your idea that I can see is that we would be left over with way too many points and be able to unlock everything without providing a profit to the game or making credits/cartel coins useful to the unlocks.

Since there are eight classes, and your idea would propose three points for each class, that would leave a lot of points left over for a very limited amount of unlockables. Doing the quick math, say you go through all of Imperial class quests. That's four classes right there. Now you get three for each. So 3 for the Warrior, 3 for the Inquisitor, 3 for the Agent, and 3 for the BH. That's a quick 3+3+3+3, which is 12 points right there. So going through all the classes would get you 24 points in total. I did a quick count today of the Legacy page, those 24 points unlock everything but the Convenience unlocks.

Edit because I suck at Math.

Edited by Scathe

meh... and with the Cartel Coins / free2play model as it currently is being able to unlock everything in the Legacy Tree anyway, if you want it that much you got two ways to pay for it.

That said... I am kind of disappointed that the whole Legacy Level. By legacy level 10, you pretty much have unlocked 80% of the stuff, by level 15 you have unlocked all but 1 item (which is level 25).

There is nothing from level 25 to 50... and nothing for capping out. No titles, no free pony, no pat on the back.

There isnt even a bonus for say unlocking all the Empire classes/companions or Republic class/companions or BOTH!

I wanna see a few more bonuses added. Specifically for level and faction completions, make the Legacy Level feel as EPIC as it was suppose to be, not nerfed like it is now!

meh... and with the Cartel Coins / free2play model as it currently is being able to unlock everything in the Legacy Tree anyway, if you want it that much you got two ways to pay for it.

That said... I am kind of disappointed that the whole Legacy Level. By legacy level 10, you pretty much have unlocked 80% of the stuff, by level 15 you have unlocked all but 1 item (which is level 25).

There is nothing from level 25 to 50... and nothing for capping out. No titles, no free pony, no pat on the back.

There isnt even a bonus for say unlocking all the Empire classes/companions or Republic class/companions or BOTH!

I wanna see a few more bonuses added. Specifically for level and faction completions, make the Legacy Level feel as EPIC as it was suppose to be, not nerfed like it is now!

The thing about my suggestion is that it offers something for Legacy to really be worth, for you to really work for. All those Legacy 50 people are just sitting around without any sort of reward, and the most I'm seeing is 'Give us a title!" which to me is a little lame. I don't want to work my *** off just for some stupid title that I'll probably never use. I also don't want a free mount, I want to be able to unlock things across all my characters that would come in handy. You do get the companion bonuses though, you just need to reach max affection and do all their class quests. I don't think they stack, I could be wrong, I have been before, but I know that you do get companion bonuses (e.g. full completion of Jaesa's side quests gets you a 2% surge rating for all characters, I think.)

I'm offering a suggestion that doesn't require you to spend money on Cartel Coins or farm the credits to get all those unlocks, since if you're not a daily player, and by that I mean don't do the dailies, farming the credits can be difficult. It can also be especially difficult if you're not very good at working the GTN. My suggestion would be able to let players pick and choose how they want their legacy to play out, what things they feel are necessary and fun for them while at the same time still providing the option to spend credits/cartel coins on the rest of whatever it is that you want. And who knows, with this suggestion, there may be a possibility of Legacy unlocks growing so you have so much more to choose from.

They've already said they want to do more with the legacy system, but I'm not sure a legacy "tree" is what I would like to see. It's certainly an interesting concept, though.

All in all, the current legacy system just feels incomplete. There's a lot of room for improvements and additions and I think they know this. Maybe by the time we see patch 2.0, things at EAWare will have stabilized financially (and gameplay related) and we'll start seeing more of this kind of thing, but for now, I'd rather they focus their efforts on public relations and damage control while propping up their game resources.