Grouping was designed from the ground up to make you hate grouping

sutava

- No being able to assist through the tank, like every other GOOD mmo out there allows you to do

- No being able to heal through the mob, like every other GOOD mmo out there allows you to do

- Full groups are forbidden to enjoy one of the most endearing aspects of the game; your companions. That's right, play with your friends and we get punished by having our companions banished.

- Not being able to take companions on Operations. If I want to fill my raid slots with gimped DPS and healing AI over real humans, that should be MY choice.

- Groupmates being forbidden to watch certain class quest cutscenes. I am standing RIGHT next to my Mercenary friend, why can't I see the cutscene of him having a conversation with the other NPC standing right in front of me? Oh no, you have to stand there tapping your foot, not being able to enjoy your friends class quest cutscenes. What amateur did you hire off the street to design this illogical, immersion killing nonsene of being forbidden to see many of your friends class quest cutscenes WHEN I AM STANDING RIGHT NEXT TO THEM? ADD AN OPTION TO SOCIAL "Watch Class Quest Cutscenes instead of standing around being bored waiting for your friend." How's that for a SMART idea?

The single player/story part of this game is amazing. The MMO/Grouping dynamics were designed to make you hate grouping and go solo.

Don't care and won't be reading what other players think, this is my feedback to Bioware and hopefully they'll hire COMPETENT devs to fix these problems.

Edited by sutava

The problem is they made group play a secondary thing in the game. You can solo from 1 to 50 very easily and quickly. The only reason one would ever need to group is to do FP's and some Heroics. Heck a lot of Heroics can be soloed with the right class/companion combo.

There's a reason they called it a great single-player game...

No other way around, attack target's target.

There's room for both. Hit a heal with an enemy targeted, heal the ally that enemy is targeting. Hit an attack with an ally targeted, attack the enemy that ally is targeting.

Even City of Heroes does that and it's from early 2004.

Edited by Guancyto

Healing through target is pretty standard in MMORPGs, I think OP requested the feature you wanted as well; not sure why you "corrected" my post, because I meant what I said.

Because over many years of MMO I've never once as a healer had the boss/mob as primary target. The standard for me and most people I know is attack target's target. Yes you can do it either way but even in Rift as a Chloromancer where I did healing through damage, I still had the person I want to heal as the main target. It makes it a lot easier to pin point when things get screwed up, like if someone pulls agro you're gonna know because they'll drop health. If you heal through target your heals can easily end up on the wrong people if there's agro switch.

Because over many years of MMO I've never once as a healer had the boss/mob as primary target. The standard for me and most people I know is attack target's target. Yes you can do it either way but even in Rift as a Chloromancer where I did healing through damage, I still had the person I want to heal as the main target. It makes it a lot easier to pin point when things get screwed up, like if someone pulls agro you're gonna know because they'll drop health. If you heal through target your heals can easily end up on the wrong people if there's agro switch.

Yeah I use both, depending on seriousness of situation. I think OP's point is - give us options to do these things.

Edited by lollie

Ok not sure what you mean with the first 2 points...

Not being able to see someones class quest? Makes sense to me to avoid spoilers. Its a choice they probably had to make "Force people to see all cutscenes or make them miss out of storylines of another class" and I prefer the latter to avoid spoilers

Why cant you take your companion with you in a group? Because groups are limited to 4 people. Its to make sure they Heroic 4's are still interesting enough and it makes you require skills.

Why cant you take them in an ops? Probably something to do with the above. If they allowed companions in ops groups the above could be avoided by converting any group into an ops group so you could essentially have 32 players AND 32 companions. I think it was the right choice to avoid exploiting this.

There's a reason they called it a great single-player game...

There's room for both. Hit a heal with an enemy targeted, heal the ally that enemy is targeting. Hit an attack with an ally targeted, attack the enemy that ally is targeting.

Even City of Heroes does that and it's from early 2004.

eq2 has it too , implied target

healing throw enemys is nice , can nuke and heal w/o losing target

as dps is nice to have the tank always on target and know wich 1 to focus w/o saying anything.

as tank? nice to know that both dps and healer have u covered and will focus on the enemy that u are attacking and no the mob u barely got threath with aoe

Edited by Warlyx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.