Krayt Dragon Pearls

Zaharia

I have sent my companions over and over on Bountiful and Rich Yield Missions and have yet to see a Krayt Dragon Pearl Drop. Anyone else having this issue?

Yes. And I can't seem to get Chrysopaz, either. From the prices on the GTN, it seems these are in short supply.

You get Artifact quality gemstones from mission criticals. This means that your best chance at these criticals are by using companions who get a critical bonus for Treasure Hunting and have the full 10k of affection since every 2k affection gives you a +1 critical chance.

The other way is by using crafting missions looted through Slicing or purchased from the GTN.

You also want to do the highest possible mission yields. While I do not know if this affects the chance at a critical it does affect how many gems you get when you do critical.

Assuming you have maxed out your skill, all the rank 3 missions will be grey. Crew member affection level and skill color are the 2 factors that effect crit chance. So you want to run the missions with crew members who have 10,000 affection. If you have a crew member that gains an additional chance to crit, that also factors into it.

You can crit on moderate/abundant/bountiful/rich missions so just run them all if you have enough companions at 10,000 affection. Abundant/Bountiful/Rich all yield 3 pearls on a crit and Moderate yields 2.

Some more information copied and pasted from an old dev tracker post (I saved it to a forum thread in my guild forum for reference):

The baseline crit chance for crafting is dependent on the difficulty of the crafting action relative to your current crafting skill level. The difficulty is color coded in the crafting GUI.

Orange Difficulty: 10%

Yellow, Green, and Gray Difficulty: 15%

Companion Affection scales Crew Skill chance up to +5% at maximum affection.

A Companion Trait critical chance bonus of +1 or +5 is a percentage. Example: The Imperial Agent companion character Kaliyo grants a +2 bonus to Underworld Trading Critical. This is +2% bonus.

Using Kaliyo at maximum affection as an example, if she ran a green difficulty Underworld Trading mission for you, she would have a 22% chance to score a mission critical success.

I couldn't figure out which missions to get on the GTN, so I tested the different levels.

Missions that require a skill level of 115 return Rank 2 goods. 175 is Rank 3, 250 is Rank 4, 300 is Rank 5, and 340 is Rank 6.

I'm guessing you need a purple mission to get purple materials, or to at least have a better chance at them.

Edited by Gidrea

Yes. And I can't seem to get Chrysopaz, either. From the prices on the GTN, it seems these are in short supply.

I seem to have the same hit ratio as in UT, Dip, or Slicing lock boxes. I do not run the missions often for the reason that a non crit in UT (for example) will bring metals that sell for a good price and have many uses while a miss in TH brings gems that are worthless to a great degree and useless to a greater degree. I do manage to accumulate a large number of purple gems through TH crafting missions returned from slicing crits.

I usually level in blue enhancements and only purple hilts and the like and then go purple when I hit 49.