Re: Exp Boosts. Thank You, BioWare!

Shirvington

As the title suggests, I'd like to give a shout out to BioWare over something as simple as the Experience Boosts new to the F2P transition. I am a subscriber still, with three 50s--all Republic, but found myself at an impasse of leveling new characters from the drudgery of experiencing the same non-class world quests. I really just couldn't level any more toons through PvE, and PvP queues can sometimes be slow at certain times of the day. I have contemplated cancelling my sub as a result of hitting a rut in my SWTOR experience.

The boosters have given me a new angle on SWTOR to enjoy it. Firstly, as they are tradable over the GTN, my characters can procure them without having to spend any Cartel Coins. Secondly, the boosters (combined with extensive rested exp) actually give incentive to seek out groups of enemies to defeat for exp. I don't mind fast respawns in bunkers and caves now that the exp offered from them is worth my time.

As a result, I'm enjoying renewed interest in leveling long-neglected toons, and have even rolled a new toon in anticipation of leveling up! So, even among all the discussion over the pros and cons of the current F2P model, I have to give BioWare credit for their handling of the Exp boosters; they have given me a renewed interest in pursing SWTOR for the future.

Being able to level a bit faster now is nice but also means it can be easier to skip content. I'm sure all the power-levelers are happy. Those who still have alts to level could spend less time getting to 50 compared to those who leveled before them, so they too should be happy. Now if only there were a credit boost...

It is nice, but it is still not enough for us to level to 50 purely through Class Story. I have 9 50's. I have seen all of the planetary content. I ONLY WANT TO CLASS MISSIONS.

No space grind. (Lol .. wont talk about that)

No warzone grind

No flashpoint grind.

Just class missions.

It is nice, but it is still not enough for us to level to 50 purely through Class Story. I have 9 50's. I have seen all of the planetary content. I ONLY WANT TO CLASS MISSIONS.

No warzone grind

No flashpoint grind.

Just class missions.

That will make world way too empty (and its already empty as it is). However I think we need something that will let us level from only Class Missions and Planet Story missions. So you'll still be doing the normal quest on planet but it will only be the main planet story without the random 30 mins + of side quest.

Edited by Idunhavaname

No warzone grind

No flashpoint grind.

Just class missions.

That's never going to happen and completely unrealistic. The amount of XP that would have to result from the class missions to enable that would be far out of whack with all the other areas.