Where is the Black Friday Specials on Cartel Coins?

Graydon

what is black friday?

Day after thanksgiving, start of the holiday shopping season. A day on which retailers vastly lower product pricings. Especially in the last decade or so the concept has been picking up internationally as well, rather than just the US thing it originally is, due to webshops and such joining in.

I'm not surprised there isn't. The market has only been up for what like a week? I'd expect it next year and probably a few times within that when market spending is low and they need to boost sales. The purpose of a sale is to encourage people to buy, currently with it being so new they don't really need to encourage people, that will changes as the items get filtered through to everyone who wants them and demand drops. Once that happens they'll either need discounts or new items to boost sales.

What's on special today? Well, for me, just giving me a respite from the Black Friday madness is enough. I'll be online all day, enjoying my day off. No CCs specials required.

Well okay then. So how would a Black Friday Special on coins affect your game play?

Just trying to understand the relevance of your post. You saying if and when specials are offered you will say no thanks and refuse it and only buy coins when they are at full price? Nice plan.

Fun fact : MMO's rarely offer black friday specials. Bioware's competition is Blizzard and a few other companies, and they aren't throwing up any specials. You guys have no clue how black friday works.

Got an email today from GW2 and EQ2 offering specials.

Fun fact: Blizzard is not SWTOR's only competition

Edited by Graydon

Fun fact : MMO's rarely offer black friday specials. Bioware's competition is Blizzard and a few other companies, and they aren't throwing up any specials. You guys have no clue how black friday works.

Aye Sony is offering Double Station Cash for all purchases all day today for Black Friday. Bioware and all F2P companies really should look at Sony on how to run a successful F2P environment. For all of Smedley's downfalls if he knows one thing its how to squeeze money out of his users and their marketplace is filled with stuff that people go crazy over!

I currently play EQ1, EQ2, and Vanguard and I dont know a single person in all those game that doesnt frequently buy Station Cash and use it to buy stuff in game. Having Double Station Cash or even Triple Station Cash deals on holidays just makes people want to buy more. I bought 100 dollars worth of Station Cash a few months ago when it was Triple Station Cash. Yea I got Triple the points for it, but thats an extra 100 bucks that Sony woulda never gotten from me had they not done a Triple Station Cash offer.

I didn't expect Bioware to do a "sale" on cartel coins cause it was so new, but by Christmas I would expect to see some sort of a special deal. Pretty much all other F2P MMO's do it, Bioware would be stupid not to follow suit...

Oh wait...we are talking about Bioware - disregard this post lol.