Server Queues - Again but getting worse

Ramesys

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I actually have a suspicion (from finally getting in and seeing it not packed as i had suspected it would be)

That Bioware 'is' dealing with this intelligently and logically.

Lowering the population caps on servers to make the full ones appear less attractive... and encourage the newer starters to roll on the lighter servers.

Once most gravitate to those servers i imagine pop caps raise again and things normalise.

If that is true it does suck a bit waiting now, but it would mean things work well in longer run.

I know what you mean, i got early access and deliberately rolled on a light server, as soon as the 20th came BOOM, a swarm of noobs clogged up my server and now i'm having to wait crazy amounts of time to actually get in....

GET RID OF THE NOOBS OR EXPAND SERVER CAPACITY PLEZ!

you own a server :o:O

and the rest of the world are noobs cuz you have early access.

I actually have a suspicion (from finally getting in and seeing it not packed as i had suspected it would be)

Lowering the population caps on servers to make the full ones appear less attractive... and encourage the newer starters to roll on the lighter servers.

Once most gravitate to those servers i imagine pop caps raise again and things normalise.

If that is true it does suck a bit waiting now, but it would mean things work well in longer run.

I truly hope that you are right. It would be a smart move and its not like BW could tell us that this is the way theyve been working because it would stop working if they did.

This release was just really bad(from early access).

These limited they are running with now is pretty much a joke.

The so called stress test we did must have been in vain. I mean the server arent even close to "stressed" now. Even with 2k in ques I've stay at <100 ms latency without any lag ingame. Something I would expect in a release of a MMO, not the insanilly slow queing systemm they are running.

Now myself is considering if I should continue to play TOR or just let it go. I mean you get one DC and you can forget played the rest of evening. Oh and I'm not that kinda guy that can wait a month or 2 for them to fix it(was actually expecting them to do some improvements when server went down last night and if they have they are so small its doenst matter).

Now me my friend are gonna get splitted and that will defently lead to leaving the game as most of us wouldnt start a new char on different server.

Just ranting and get piss-off that they cant give us anymore inforamation on what they are planing to do. :mad:

I would've agreed if it wasn't for the queue being applied to players already having characters on that server. Doesn't make any sense to punish the current populace just to discourge new players from rolling their character on that server.

Edited by mekwall

Some people are wanting to join their old buddies, guildmates on the server where the guild went. They have to cope with the biggest queues, even before they can make a new character, that will add to the already long queues.

Unless Bioware offers a transfer for the whole guild, with their characters (in my guild lvl 30+ is common), they gonna stay, and anyone who wants to join, adds to the crowd.

Opening up new servers only works if you have no friends who are already on one of the servers.

This indeed is insane, you would think the company learned of beta and early game acces to solve this. I mean in Europw its 13:45 and i am 300th in queue after counting from 392 about 30 min ago. I mean launch day ok i can live with that but this is really too much.

I mean tonight we have a wait time of 6 hours when players got home from school or work.................

Please solve this or we will be in queue foir 50% of the Xmas holidays!

Edited by Stamperr
more

It also means. When player login at rindom times we ALWAYS have some one to play with and aginst on the high pop server.

All want to play NOW that is why we see 1800+ queues and the x-mas hollyday just has kicked in.

Theres somethimg most ppl seems to just be ignoring, i see fans saying its now BWfault, it cant be controled etc etc etc..I dont care it was expected and nothing was done to prevente it, u cant expect players to wait 2 hours everytime they need to log, do larger servers do char transfers i dont care, all i care is to play obv. Im not being payed to make this work, im paying for it.

And the silence from costumer service while costumers are complaining is making me even more frustated.

please come up whith a solution Soon.

I'm not being payed to make this work, im paying for it.

And the silence from costumer service while costumers are complaining is making me even more frustated.

I started a character on another server at the weeked because queues were too big on my main, now I have to queue for that also.

I would like some official response on this problem at least.

I would also like game time refunded for the amount of time stuck in queues, but I guess I can go whistle for that so perhaps a free server migration?

Edited by Anery

Cant they just increase the server capacity? That must be possible to do to all the currently full servers while also rolling out new ones and allowing Character transfers to the Early Access Players?

But you know. The already have your money.

I'm afraid I will cancel my sub or take a break, waiting 3-4 hours in queue leaves me with hardly any time to play.

My server (EU Bloodworthy) now has a 880 man queue at around 12:30 GMT.. it went over 2000 during the weekend, and will probably break new records today.

Blizzard managed this issue by offering free server transfers, but Bioware doesn't even offer paid ones.. GG.

Yes, but with this they won't be getting any more from me (subscription).

Edited by SiggiG

What's making the queues much worse is everyone is deliberately extending their online time by not logging off because they fully expect that there will be a queue and not be able to get back on.

Can you blame people? If you've queued for 2 hours and need to afk for 30 mins, it hardly makes sense to log off and que up for another 2 hours 30 mins later... I'm not saying I agree with the practice but I see why people do it

Can you blame people? If you've queued for 2 hours and need to afk for 30 mins, it hardly makes sense to log off and que up for another 2 hours 30 mins later... I'm not saying I agree with the practice but I see why people do it

Point, you have a very good one.

Cant they just increase the server capacity? That must be possible to do to all the currently full servers while also rolling out new ones and allowing Character transfers to the Early Access Players?

Increasing the capacity now will not force people onto low pop severs and the popular ones just get more clogged. I reckon they will increase it in a few days when activity settles a bit and they have a good idea of the player distribution per servers

This is likely what they are doing ... the full servers need to be unattractive to provide a reason to go to the lighter ones ... give it a week or so and the number of new subscribers will drop off and the queues will go ... I suspect they are there by design.

If on the other hand you completely stopped people from joining full servers there would be just as many complaints about people not being able to get on with their guild / friend ... likely starting a flame war with unsympathetic early access people.

This is why your seeing queues at nonpeak hours. Its incredibly annoying but temporary. Now if we could only stop being penalized for client crashes and random error 9000 disconnects by having to sit in line again.

What's making the queues much worse is everyone is deliberately extending their online time by not logging off because they fully expect that there will be a queue and not be able to get back on.

That is a negative side-effect and shouldn't be blamed for the increasing queue times. That problem will disappear by itself once the problem is solved.