Why not: Deception Manifesto

nosmos

I agree with the OP about crit and mainstat but I feel obliged to play devil's advocate with regards to accuracy.

Btw, I've been playing assasin as my main since lauch and though I currently use madness, I leveled in deception and I've tried about every possible build.

The reason why other classes get accuracy in their spec is because they need it for their offhand weapon. The accuracy gap between mainhand and offhand is something like 20 or 30 percent of their base 90 percent. I was just talking with a guildie who plays Mara the other night and he was complaining that he's not sure how much accuracy to stack because he has the accuracy talent but his offhand still misses alot.

Juggs also have an accuracy talent but they need it because most of their abilities are melee. This is important because their resource management depends on making those melee hits. Once a dps jugg gets 100/110 through gear stats they don't need that talent but unlike sin tanks, jugg tanks still benefit from it because they need to stack defensive stats.

As for the arguments made in this thread for accuracy, that's an itemization issue, not a waekness in the spec. One person wanted to trade accuracy on their gear for power, but you simply can't do that. The way the gear is designed you can only choose between accuracy and surge. The problem is that, once you get past the first 100 points, SURGE HAS THE WORST DR IN THE GAME! By the time you get to 300 and try to stack more, you only get a few percent more for another 300 points! Compare that to the FIFTY percent that deception gets for shock and discharge!

Another person was upset about losing accuracy when they upgraded their implants. Again, that is an itemization issue and its one that everyone has to deal with throughout the game. It's a pain in the butt, however, you simply have to swap in more emhancements that favor accuracy.

Another person complained about seeing Maras running around with extra surge on their gear. You can't compare one class to another by glancing at their character sheet. Again, even with the talent, acuracy is still a liability to them. How much of a liability can only be determined through detailed theorycrafting or simulation.

Let me repeat that I agree with the other points made in this thread, but I find it ironic because poeple were complaining left and right about too much accuracy on endgame gear and it looks like Bioware finally listened! LULZ

Edited by ablanator
grammar

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it ironic because poeple were complaining left and right about too much accuracy on endgame gear and it looks like Bioware finally listened! LULZ

I know tanks were complaining about too much accuracy on gear and rightfully so, but this thread is about wanting to be able to tweak our stats in our AC trees like other classes can.. Big thanks to OP for posting the thread and continuing to pursue it because yeah, 2-3 % is a HUGE deal at endgame. Speaking for myself I'd prefer a mainstat or critical % option in the deception tree but tying a 3% accuracy bonus to surging charge would also be acceptable - perhaps this would have the lowest impact on PvP? Dare I ask for all 3? :p

Yeah, i keep up with our marauders and powertechs as deception in tfb hm, often im on top depending on the boss fight.

You top DPS and still want a buff?

You know not everything is meant to have the same mechanics, and if you gain crit or primary stat you will have to lose out on DPS elsewhere to balance, not to mention losing out on survivability if the extra crit unbalanced PvP.

I honestly don't know how good or bad Deception plays, but your arguement just sounds like you want it to be something it isn't. If they followed your logic every spec would have the same powers so no spec felt left out. The goal is that the total of all abilities gives x dps +/- a few percent, not to make all specs similar in mechanics or talents.

You top DPS and still want a buff?

You know not everything is meant to have the same mechanics, and if you gain crit or primary stat you will have to lose out on DPS elsewhere to balance, not to mention losing out on survivability if the extra crit unbalanced PvP.

I honestly don't know how good or bad Deception plays, but your arguement just sounds like you want it to be something it isn't. If they followed your logic every spec would have the same powers so no spec felt left out. The goal is that the total of all abilities gives x dps +/- a few percent, not to make all specs similar in mechanics or talents.

I said I can keep up with them, on certain fights - mainly the puzzle boss and TFB itself. The rest on 16man I usually parse around 4th or 5th as deception. Also, I am completely dread guard with the exception of an ear piece. I am geared, and we don't have too many yet that are 'that' geared out for dps. A couple of our marauders are, and yeah - they easily top on every fight. I have to be geared to the **** to even come close - we need what every class has. I would love some crit or mainstat talents, if that is asking too much at least give us an accuracy talent in surging charge. SOMETHING. I spend around 300k a day swapping out mods and enhancments, more crit, less crit, more accuracy, less accuracy. If i want say 1005+ force power (with 2 dread guard relics equiped) I basically have to have 95/105 accuracy. If I want 100/110 accuracy, I basically have to have 900+ force power or very low crit.

It's a simple issue really, why the assassin is the only class in the game with 1 stat boost - endurance, is beyond me. Sure, madness gets +3 percent under charge mastery, but I play an assassin - I got bored of madness on my sorc long ago (granted, it is better on the assassin)