WTB Jedi Gear that makes us look like Jedi

Samaul

I want some gear that makes my three Jedi; Gaurdian, Sage and Shadow actually look like jedi. Robes please, not mighty morphin power ranger, or ninja-looking gear. Sorry but the new cartel jedi gear is just plain ugly, all of it. I am tired of jedi gear that doesnt make my toons look anything like Jedi.

There are a few low level pieces that actually look like jedi gear but almost all of the end game gear, except the legacy gear looks nothing like jedi gear. For example, the Black Hole gear makes my female sage look like an ancient egyptian temple prostitute. The War Hero gear makes her look like an Acheronian slave girl from Age of Conan. If you want us to pay for this stuff EA, give us something worth paying for.

Edited by Samaul

For sentinels and guardians there's at least the moddable chest from the Gree questchain on Coruscant (final reward for completing the chain), but consulars are definitely out of luck.

I don't understand why we can't have some plain Jedi tunics like those in the movies. It's as if they wanted to go out of their way to prevent us from looking like Jedi in the movies, while giving troopers, for example, very movie-like looking gear.

I want some gear that makes my three Jedi; Gaurdian, Sage and Shadow actually look like jedi. Robes please, not mighty morphin power ranger, or ninja-looking gear. Sorry but the new cartel jedi gear is just plain ugly, all of it. I am tired of jedi gear that doesnt make my toons look anything like Jedi.

There are a few low level pieces that actually look like jedi gear but almost all of the end game gear, except the legacy gear looks nothing like jedi gear. For example, the Black Hole gear makes my female sage look like an ancient egyptian temple prostitute. If you want us to pay for this stuff EA, give us something worth paying for.

Yea id pay £10 for full Obi-Wan Kenobi robes and Tunic, since day one ive wished for these, i know its set 3k years before but i did not see jedi in the films running around with Armour and electronic devices on it, so im pretty sure jedi 3k years ago wore the same stuff, i know they want to be creative and give us hmm choice? but i dont think bioware get we want to play a star wars game and play a jedi and look like a super epi jedi from the films.

Seriously Bioware? What are all of your artists doing? All of the cartel gear looks like the same rehashed crap. Who would pay for this gear? I wouldn't. Why cant you hire some artists who know how to do Star Wars art?

As much as I would love to play a Jedi, the awful look I would be stuck with for most of the 50 levels just doesn't give me much incentive.

yeah, i think as far as gear goes, the staff is running out of ideas. im not impressed at all by most of the cartel gear, or any of the designs for that matter. but every now n then they have something that looks totally cool but is unmoddable and u only use it for like 2 levels. and its not just jedi, its most classes

I for one would like some jedi gear that was a bit more medieval looking sort of like the Battlelord or some of the less ornate sith gear. I am paticulaly struck by how awful the consular gear looks in comparison to the sith inquisitor stuff(which looks freaking awesome and has lots of variety). Existing Jedi Knight gear looks awefully monotone and featureless ( red robe blue robe tan robe awful grey robe thing) and the few exceptional sets like the battlelord or aspiring knights set are rare to non-existent.

Lads! They said that the gear requested in the Moddable Outfits thread is on the way! :) They said it at Cantina Tour @ Austin. Woohoooo! Most requested stuff was Jedi robes and Thana's outfit so I bet it's gonna be them!

I could care less what the SWTOR devs say. All I care about is what they do. I am not spending any cartel coins on that crappy looking jedi gear. George Lucas made better looking Jedi gear in 1977 than the SWTOR artists can make today.

Edited by Samaul

Lads! They said that the gear requested in the Moddable Outfits thread is on the way! :) They said it at Cantina Tour @ Austin. Woohoooo! Most requested stuff was Jedi robes and Thana's outfit so I bet it's gonna be them!

Just like they said they would have info about the SSSP "within a couple months"?

I want this game to succeed but am losing faith in the development team.

I could care less what the SWTOR devs say. All I care about is what they do. I am not spending any cartel coins on that crappy looking jedi gear. George Lucas made better looking Jedi gear in 1977 than the SWTOR artists can make today.

QFT. To both the devs and the customer service telling me they care... Don't tell me, show me. They are telling me very well, but they have yet to show me, especially with cusuomer service since 1.5 came out. I get that they are swamped but when I send three tickets, none of which have to do with HK-51's armor and two get that canned response then closed, something is wrong.

Just like they said they would have info about the SSSP "within a couple months"?

I want this game to succeed but am losing faith in the development team.

Maybe things will start changing now... See how quickly after 1.4 we had 1.5 and now 1.6 on PTS? :/ If they gonna keep this up I should be satisfied.