For BioWare from russian community

TheAkumurA

Really looking forward to when the game will appear in Russian subs and translation quests. I understand some players even get to chat in English, but I do not know the language so that would delve into the history of Star Wars, and it's sad. And there is no time to learn.:wea_03:

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why should they HAVE to learn english, bet you wouldnt like having to learn German to play a game....

If it was a german language based game i wouldn't play it,simples.

BUT,if i really wanted to play a game not in my native tongue?I'd at least learn the basics.

Anyway,i think they could translate the text/subs at the least,itd be a good compromise in the shorter term,set up the russian servers (a must imo,like previous posters here i've had very bad experiences with large russian communities in other english language based games where no servers were provided for them,hostile and divided the servers became) to see if it takes off,if so,then think about the voice acting.

• 2 weeks later...

maybe all of us, Russian players, is simply to pay for a subscription, all who now plays on the F2p models. and by paying her 1 time for 1 month just to write on the forum "I'm from Russia, I paid for a subscription, I'm waiting for localization," and then there will be at least the text translated? Yes, there is a small vocabulary of 300 rubles is not a lot, because already subscribed, but half of the dialogue remains a mystery to me. and it is very sad. as the man who played more than 20 times in KOTOR 1-2 is very sad that the extension did not work in their native language...

google translator

хочется понимать больше, чем половину диалогов. а кириллица - не так уж и важна для сюжета и уж помощь в чем-то и на английском попросить можно.

• 2 months later...
Though what is stopping you from learning English?

...and once more I recall the old joke that you call someone who speaks three languages trilingual, someone who speaks two languages bilingual, and someone who only speaks one language American.

:cool:

As a fan of the Star Wars world for over 20 years, is ready to pay for a subscription and buy all the yummy in it. I'd like to play the game for all the characters. But to do it without realizing 70% of the plot is pointless. I'm sorry, if through the floor, lost the desire to play at all!: (

p.s. Again ... go to this stupid WoW???!!! :)

Edited by Neoneonick

I am for this. I have nothing against russian's (fascinating country history by the way) and have no problem with them on my server I do think it should be in their own language.

And yes some of the posts I was hearing in my head in a russian accent. The french guy I heard in my head in a new england accent (why? I have no idea). And I heard a couple chinese accents in there too.

Hi all,

First off, thanks to our Western community for keeping Soviet Russia jokes to a minimum and being generally friendly & supportive.

Per topic: I wouldn't need localization per se and definitely no voice acting, but as many of our countrymen don't speak the lingo the UI and subtitle text translation is definitely called for. There are enthusiasts in Russia that put together teams of gamers to provide quality translation for textual features of leading game titles that haven't been localized here. BioWare would need a minimum budget to subsidize such a team and completely outsource all the work. Myself, I would be available to participate in this work free of any charge, just for my dedication to SWTOR.

On a more short-term and important note I would very much like to ask for support of Cyrillic in guild chat.

• 2 weeks later...
Русскую аудиторию ни во что не ставят, это очень плохо и будем тогда ждать teso

Everyone is waiting for TESO anyway.

I'm for it, good luck Russians.

Thank you.

• 3 months later...
I play SWTOR and a half years. I have a full subscription. Every month I pay my money for the opportunity to play this great game. I want to play it in their own language. In Russian. Let the transfer will be subtitled only, I will be enough. There are still a large number of people who will play this game when it is translated.

• 1 month later...
Yeah, I think lot of Russian gamers will join SWTOR, after it will translate in to Russian language(Only text, not an actor voices). My wife love the Star wars universe, but she cannot play, cause she don`t understand dialogs between characters, and cannot full feel the atmosphere of the game. And i think it`s not only one example.

Even though I could play SWTOR in my first language (Garman), I prefer not to, the english voice acting is much better (I played my first char to 50 in German switched to English and never looked back). Nevertheless, I support translation into other languages, but I doubt BioWare will do it any time soon. Edited by Drudenfusz