Crime Lords Cartel Pack a waste of coins?

DarthWoad

As a subscriber, I should be paying for all the content. But I have to pay more for cartel coins? How about each subscriber gets 500 coins every WEEK, or two weeks, instead of every month, that way, your subscribers who already pay you monthly, some of them having been here since release, can have more goes at opening these "high value" lockboxes. Or simply increase the rewards for them. Honestly, they aren't worth it. I feel stupid now for paying for them.

Bioware, EA, whoever, just employ this guy so he can fix your ridiculous idea of a 'Cartel Market.' Just bought a Crime Lord's pack, wanting a Throne. I didn't get it- fair enough, it's down to luck. But I expect to get other stuff WORTH something, not an Imperial Banner, a companion gift and some pants worth only 8,000 on the GTM!

If I wanted 8,000 creds I'd do a quick daily. I understand I can't get everything I want and not everything expensive, but substituting the very good with the useless to me instead of 'average' good to me really isn't a good idea.

And it needs to be weekly, or fortnightly....

You're trying to reward us for subscribing to you, and that's a nice notion. But half the time being seen with a Crime Lord's pack is more humiliating than rewarding, as is anything with the Cartel Market. We don't have nearly enough coins to truly get good rewards- so increase the rate at which we get them, or ditch the whole system, please.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I spent $39 last night and spent it all on packs. I got about 6 repeats of the same speeder. 4 of another speeder. Lots of crafting material that means diddly squat to me and it pretty much given away on the GTN. Scrolls which might be semi-usefull to an alt. Everything else was redundant except for one pink crystal out of the whole mess.The fluff items that should be entertaining end up more annyoing with them taking up inventory space. Ended up deleting them if hey coudln't be learned.

I realize you shouldn't get the expensive rare stuff often but as it is now most of the rewards are totally worthless for lvl 50's and/or people that have been playing for a good while. I mean I just spent $40 not counting the freebie ones I got and I'm disatisfied to the point that I'll probably never do it again. The repeats and general uselessness of 98% of the items makes me feel like I could have pulled two twenties out of my wallet and set them on fire.

At the very least you need a type of currency or something that comes with EVERY single pack that can be saved up to use on a vendor that sells very nice exclusive things. Or maybe come with high-end PvP and PvE commendations that already exist. As it is now it's entirely too probable for people to get turned off from this crapshoot and that's a very bad thing considering the cartel bags could be a serious money earner. As it is now you got someone willing to spend extra on top of a sub but won't because I can get something way more fullfilling to spend my money on other than feeling like I'm playing Powerball where you typically just have a scrap of paper to show if you lose.

This basically, I bought a dozen packs or so on the first day of the f2p patch and after seeing how 98% of the drops were completely worthless on the gtn I decided to never buy them again. It's better to just save up credits and buy the rares you actually want instead of gambling for it.

It's all about supply and demand. You guys do realize that if these super rares, such as the throne and Nihlus's mask dropped more often, they would be worth much less?

If all you want to do is make money off of your credits, do what I do. Just buy major valor bonuses. They're 50 cartel coins a piece I do believe. You can buy 10 each month, and they go for about 45k a pop. That's a safe 450k each month from the cartel market, rather than gambling to find something worth money in the packs.

Bioware, EA, whoever, just employ this guy so he can fix your ridiculous idea of a 'Cartel Market.' Just bought a Crime Lord's pack, wanting a Throne. I didn't get it- fair enough, it's down to luck. But I expect to get other stuff WORTH something, not an Imperial Banner, a companion gift and some pants worth only 8,000 on the GTM!

If I wanted 8,000 creds I'd do a quick daily. I understand I can't get everything I want and not everything expensive, but substituting the very good with the useless to me instead of 'average' good to me really isn't a good idea.

And it needs to be weekly, or fortnightly....

You're trying to reward us for subscribing to you, and that's a nice notion. But half the time being seen with a Crime Lord's pack is more humiliating than rewarding, as is anything with the Cartel Market. We don't have nearly enough coins to truly get good rewards- so increase the rate at which we get them, or ditch the whole system, please.

To bring SWTOR into line with other MMOs (even ones previously ran by Bioware EA such as Warhammer Online) they'd need to give subscribers at least a -50% price reduction on everything on the Cashshop.

And yes indeed this would make a statement they viewed subscribers as valued customers, not just a different flavour of Cashcow. :mad: