I paid for the game already, why am I being nickled and dimed?

Sunsoar

Hello devs,

I feel this is a very valid question. I already purchased the collectors edition and I was previous subscriber. I have purchased your full game. Why am I only getting access to part of it now?

I get what F2P is all about. I get the lock outs for warzones and all that other hub bub. Here's the thing though. I bought your game. I don't get charging me again for things like title access, bank access, hide helmet access, hot bars, all these little things add up to a game that I still don't want to come back to.

Just to be clear: I didn't quit my sub because I don't want to pay monthly. If you want me to pay monthly you have to make a game worth paying monthly for.

EDIT: Good luck to everyone. I can see that going Free to play hasn't changed anything that made this game not worth a sub in the first instance.

Edited by Sunsoar

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello devs,

I feel this is a very valid question. I already purchased the collectors edition and I was previous subscriber. I have purchased your full game. Why am I only getting access to part of it now?

I get what F2P is all about. I get the lock outs for warzones and all that other hub bub. Here's the thing though. I bought your game. I don't get charging me again for things like title access, bank access, hide helmet access, hot bars, all these little things add up to a game that I still don't want to come back to.

Just to be clear: I didn't quit my sub because I don't want to pay monthly. If you want me to pay monthly you have to make a game worth paying monthly for.

You answered your own question.

Because it's EA, what were you honestly expecting, them to give you everything enjoyable in this game for nothing without them seeing any money from you? Lol, you'll make their execs choke on their cornflakes from laughter if they read that.

Because it's EA, what were you honestly expecting, them to give you everything enjoyable in this game for nothing without them seeing any money from you? Lol, you'll make their execs choke on their cornflakes from laughter if they read that.

I did give them something though. That's the point. I bought their game. I'm not a freeloader F2P player.

I did give them something though. That's the point. I bought their game. I'm not a freeloader F2P player.

You bought their game and even subbed for a while. That purchase allowed for you to play when you did. Now there is no need to purchase the game, so the people who didn't want to pay to play this game now can, but because they didn't pay before, they couldn't play it before.

The Dev's have no say what goes in this game only EA-ware. Asking them a question is pointless because they d ont have answers only deadlines and even if they did have answers they cant say them out of fear of being laid off like the other members who were more vocal and made promises.

You bought their game and even subbed for a while. That purchase allowed for you to play when you did. Now there is no need to purchase the game, so the people who didn't want to pay to play this game now can, but because they didn't pay before, they couldn't play it before.

I get your point, but no. A sub is for "tons" of different things. Like access to company funded servers, constant (lol) updates, support (lol) among other things.

I bought the original game. I should still have access to it, and all new content they should charge non subs for (with subs being able to buy it with their monthly allotted cartel creds. They should be nickle and diming players who are coming into this game without having had to pay for the game.

TBH it feels like those of us who actually bought and paid for the game should have some things over people who have never even paid for the game itself, much less subscribed, just cosmetic stuff though, like titles, possibly quickbars, helmet view, but still restrict mail, gtn, warzones, flash points, etc etc. Just to show SOME appreciation for us paying for what people can just get for free now.

Don't think you're quite comprehending my THIS IS EA message I'm trying to convey. My signature is quoted from an interview with their CEO himself, they couldn't care less whether you bought the game or not, it's all about getting more money from you and they've proven with some of their restrictions that they're prepared to go as far as they can get away with.

I don't get charging me again for things like title access, bank access, hide helmet access, hot bars, all these little things add up to a game that I still don't want to come back to..

If you didn't want to come back to it. why do you play now? Unless a game is built ground up around F2P then they will always make sure that the people that sub will get the best deal.

TBH it feels like those of us who actually bought and paid for the game should have some things over people who have never even paid for the game itself, much less subscribed, just cosmetic stuff though, like titles, possibly quickbars, helmet view, but still restrict mail, gtn, warzones, flash points, etc etc. Just to show SOME appreciation for us paying for what people can just get for free now.

I just want access to the full game (besides warzone caps and future content updates). I'm not going to bother playing if I don't have my character slots, full credit bank, full bank, full UI access, etc.

Making me pay for title unlocks, hide helmet....that's crap you charge people who are coming to the game for free.

Don't care about cosmetics when I am so limited on what I can do. Equip gears? Nope, gotta pay for that, want your abilities on your bars? Nope gotta pay for them first. Want your cartel credits you've "earned"? Nope, gotta give us more money first.

Edited by Sunsoar

If you didn't want to come back to it. why do you play now? Unless a game is built ground up around F2P then they will always make sure that the people that sub will get the best deal.

You're getting the same deal before the game went "F2P"

The game was built from the ground up according to previous statements made by their Executives. They had back up plans just in case their premium model wasn't working. (Like that's what the problem is with this game in the first place)

The only people getting the best deal here is EA.

Pay your nickels and dimes or accept the limitations. You paid for the client. When you bought the client it was a subscription based game. The F2P option didn't exist then. They can put whatever limitation they want on it.

If that isn't clear enough, perhaps Darth Vader can explain it to you:

Edited by Master-Nala

Hello devs,

Here's guessing you didn't resubscribe but still expect full subscriber's benefits. Um ... no. Edited by GalacticKegger

Pay your nickels and dimes or accept the limitations. You paid for the client. When you bought the client it was a subscription based game. The F2P option didn't exist then. They can put whatever limitation they want on it.

If that isn't clear enough, perhaps Darth Vader can explain it to you:

lol ok that alone earn you 1000 interwebz :p

Here's guessing you didn't resubscribe but still expect full subscriber's benefits. Um ... no.

hmmm, no I don't expect full subscriber "benefits". I expect a playable game to entice me to come back and subscribe for future content.

this right here^

"Dear power company I paid my bills last month, why you want me pay again this month? Why i no get power for free from now on I already plug stuff in"

this right here^

"Dear power company I paid my bills last month, why you want me pay again this month? Why i no get power for free from now on I already plug stuff in"

Invalid. They're offering you access to their servers free already. That is the whole FREE TO PLAY model. I am not free to play player. I bought their game unlike their future players.

Sigh, hence the whole nickle and diming part.

Then Buck up and pay the nickels and dimes that you want to pay. The decent thing, PVPers that have no interest in PVE, they will never buy raid access, or even section x access. People that don't PVP will probably never buy anything for PVP.

Then Buck up and pay the nickels and dimes that you want to pay. The decent thing, PVPers that have no interest in PVE, they will never buy raid access, or even section x access. People that don't PVP will probably never buy anything for PVP.

Yep I get that, but this is about all the little things. Anyways I am done arguing about it. I made my statement in the OP, if Bioware changes anything I will come check it out. Until then. Peace to you guys. Enjoy what game you have left.